StreamLight Nano Mods?

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
hey everyone just got the Nano (not iPod:)) and was wondering if anyone tried to mod the little thing. its nice and really bright and wondered if there was anything out there to make this little thing better?

ive searched the forums but and nothing turned up...

i was thinking perhaps swapping out the led for a smjled and/or polishing out the reflector to give it a slightly more throw or brightness... what do you guys think?

i'd polish out the reflector if i could but i dont know how to take out the led without breaking the light. but if there really isnt anything i can do to it im just going to add some GID paint at the deepest part of the reflector

warlord

Enlightened
Nah why use a SMJLED when it's rated 15 lumen @ 80mA? The led that's in it is 10 lumens at probably around 20-25mA. Also you don't need to polish the "reflector" unless you want to. Most leds have a viewing angle of 15degrees so it's probably just recessed for protection.

So, not a lot of mods. You can pot the bottom with glow powder, maybe?

Last edited:

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
well since theres not much you can do to the Nano i guess ill just put some GID powder...

since i got some powder form Glow Inc ive been practicing the mixing powder + 2 ton epoxy mix and add some to the deepest part of the reflector with a teethpick

moeman

Enlightened
So what do you think of the Nano? I was thinking of getting one but haven't yet....

I like them. cant really beat the price and they are really small and lite enough to clip to a zipper pull and forget about.

I had one clipped to my wallet for a week and found no noticeable wear to the finish.

the beam color is blue purple, more so than my Arc DS. and almost as bright.

hope this helps.

maxilux

Enlightened
Sorry, i dont understand, why do you want to mod a $6,- light, buy a good one for 10 bucks and be happy.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
I would mod my cat if it would eat faster or jump higher...its why people climb everest I guess...think I'm going to grab a couple of these...zipper attatchments,great thought:thumbsup:,

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
I would mod my cat if it would eat faster or jump higher...

LOL!

but anyways i just finished adding glow powder to my lil Nano... at first i was just going to put it at the deepest part of the reflector but the toothpick got all over the place so i said forget it! i poured it all over and on the walls of the black reflector trying my best not to get it on the led as much as possible.

i think the end result if really good considering i sorta messed up... when i get the chance ill post pix when the epoxy dries:wave:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign: I recently bought a nano just for kicks. My coworkers was shocked by how much light comes out of that tiny thing.

swtxtitan

Newly Enlightened
My nano always came unscrewed in my pocket, batteries and head left jingling around in my pocket. Anyone experience this? So i bought a pico light, much nicer imo.