Fenix T 10, What Happened?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
We waited for the Fenix, we got all excited, but I have not heard much
about it lately. Are we underwhelmed? P.S. I am not Fenix bashing, I love
their products!

Where have you been BOBBYBOB?:sleepy:

Fenix came out with the TK10 very shotly after producing the T1 because they listen to their customers.

Look how long it has taken Surefire to produce lights with Cree LED's.

I use to want a Surefire light, but since I got a TK10 I no longer want one.

What does Surefire have that can compare with the Fenix TK10 for less than $200?

Does Surfire even know what a Q5 is?:candle:

:welcome:

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
That's because Surefire is :sleepy:

Sureexpensive:xyxgun:

I can agree to an extent, but the object of this thread is to discuss TK10 info (The OP did not seem to notice the dozen review thread, then the threads about the review threads, then the threads talking about the threads discussing the review threads...)

I see no relevance in bringing up Surefire. This forum has a history of Fenix vs Surefire threads that never end well. Can we just keep it on topic please?

:sick2:

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
In my collection are some surefires and many Fenixes, they stand peacefull together on the shelf and dont move, even when I let them alone over night or weekend.

I take one or the other when I need them and they do their work without bashing each other. I think it is like with computers: The problem is the user!

Rainer

Edit:I know "never try to be humorous or subtle in a foreign language", but i could not resist

Last edited:

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
People never got tired of bashing Maglite because Surefire made them look old. Now Fenix shows Surefire, that frequent updates are possible for a low price, so Surefire looks bad now.

Having said that, I still love my old Maglites. Flashlights don't fight.

I got my TK10 yesterday and it sure is amazing. I don't know why I should buy a SF L5 now... The flashlight was affordable, couldn't be of higher quality (seriously, machining and finish are almost perfect), gives me 60lumen for 10 hours, has a cool turbo mode (225lumen) and it came with lots of extras, like spare O-rings, a lanyard, a clip, another rubber switch boot in orange, a copper ring to replace the tactical grip ring, spare screws, a wrench and a holster. That's outstanding for a chinese company - they are absolutely worthy to get my money.

magic_elf

Banned
Simple. Its different cos some of the moderators here are SureFire stakeholders while there aren't any with MagLites so have vested interests that the SureFire brand should always be in good light.

Btw, did you know that SureFire vs enix isn't always mean American made vs Asian made. Guess where their cheaper models such as the 6P are made?
Of course they have ways of getting around this "technicality" by outsourcing some of their manufacturing to Streamlight. We know where Streamlights are made too.

Right Size15's? ;)

greenstuffs

Banned
Of course they have ways of getting around this "technicality" by outsourcing some of their manufacturing to Streamlight. We know where Streamlights are made too.

Right Size15's? ;)

Do you have any proofs, can you get this in writing either from surefire or streamlight.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I was wondering the same thing, what happened to all the talk about the TK10. CPF just 3 weeks ago was loaded with talk about the new TK10. In the last week, there has not hardly been a post about it. It's funny how the new enthusiasm for a new light has a life of about a month on this forum. There's nothing wrong with that; it is just funny. We all seem to get high over a new exciting light. Then the high wains, and we are looking forward to the next high, the next must have light. I've seen the same short lived waves of enthusiasm over the Novatac, the NDI, and others on the forum. The only thing that seems to revive interest in these is a new color, a new improvement, a new emitter, a new production run, etc.

I visited Brightguy this week and he asked me what all the new talk was about on CPF. He had just gotten in 100 of the TK10's and I told him he might be a bit late with the peak of the craze for the TK10. Now everybody is talking about the soon to be released E01. I can't imagine how nuts this forum will be going when a definite release date is given for the SF Optimus. How long do you think that craze will last?

Greta

Flashaholic
Simple. Its different cos some of the moderators here are SureFire stakeholders while there aren't any with MagLites so have vested interests that the SureFire brand should always be in good light.

Btw, did you know that SureFire vs enix isn't always mean American made vs Asian made. Guess where their cheaper models such as the 6P are made?

Right Size15's? ;)

I guess I'd like to know where you got your information from. If you're going to post "facts" such as these, I don't think it's too much for one to ask for proof of those "facts". Care to supply that proof? Or do you want to edit your post? I'll wait.... :popcorn:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Flashlights go in and out of fashion real quick around here.There are so many new and better lights coming out every month that it's hard to keep track of.It doesn't mean that people lose interest in them they just move on to the next one.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once a light gets released the thrill peaks and wanes...the antisapation is much of the thrill. It is...as has been known...by all of us...a form of addiction. And why the term flasaholic was coined in the early days of this forum. Our addiction is not so bad...not so expensive...unless one wants it to be. We find just as much thrill surrounding the $15 E01 as a new Surfire at $200...perhaps more, as a greater number of our members can afford and share in the thrill.

At some point in every members life other things take priority and they stop ar slow down posting...often coming back to the forum to see what the new WOW is once in a while. Myself for example...I was here pretty much in the begining...almost was the first member to reach 1000 posts (the title was stolen from me by some guy who went by the name Telephony). After a while other things took my interest away...but every Christmass I come back to see what the latested, greatest thing....for presents...this year it is the Fenix Q5 stuff...always seems to be Fenix thats ahead.