DX 6090 P60 drop in - what to do? fix or send back?

Infamous

Newly Enlightened
ordered two DX6090's for my G2's, one works great and one doesnt

so i shook it and noticed teh brass pill was loose, i noticed it also moved freely in the thread (wasnt tight), so i unscrewed it and noticed the positive and negative wires going to the CREE star plate were broken.

i have limited experience soldering and basic wire working (car audio etc). is it possible to pop teh back circuit board off and solder new wires onto the cree star and circuit board and somehow out the circuit board back onto teh brass pill?

please excuse my butchering of any proper technical terms, im new at this

Wolf359

Enlightened
raise a ticket with DX and see what they want you to do.

i had a dodgey one and they wanted it returned but the return postage was more than the module cost so i wrote it off. if it is just loose wires and you cann't be bothered to return try soldering the wires back yourself or maybe a friend could do it for you.

only had one bad droppin out of 20 i have had from dx so not to annoyed about it.

Last edited:

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't dx compensate you for the shipping? The last time i had a wrong item sent to me by dx, they offered to pay me for the return shipping. I never bothred to get my shipping reimbursed because I thought it would be too much trouble to go through for about 3 dollars.

Infamous

Newly Enlightened
raise a ticket with DX and see what they want you to do.

i had a dodgey one and they wanted it returned but the return postage was more than the module cost so i wrote it off. if it is just loose wires and you cann't be bothered to return try soldering the wires back yourself or maybe a friend could do it for you.

only had one bad droppin out of 20 i have had from dx so not to annoyed about it.

the circuit board looks to be soldered to the brass pill, does it come off by grinding/filing/desolding?

im pretty new at this, so far it makes sense that the wires attach to teh back of that board and peek out of the two holes and connect to the cree star (except the wires are broken lol). is that pretty much right?

it doesnt seem like anything too bad to handle but i want to check with the veteran CPFers first because id much rather fix it right than break it (even though its ten dollars)

Infamous

Newly Enlightened
never mind, i pried it all apart. looks like i just need to solder new wire and put everything back together.