E1B clip on L1?

bobofish

Newly Enlightened
Just like it says, I'm wondering if I can put an E1B clip on an L1. I don't like the clip on the L1, but I have this nagging feeling that I will continue to like my L1's features better than the E1B.
I called Surefire and they said no.
Is this the consensus?

Zenster

Enlightened
Same here. I've really gotten to like the clip on my E1B and it would be great if I could install the same clip on my E1L's and L1 as well.
I'll typically grab the E1B before those others mainly because of the clip.

So if there's a way to change them out, I'd pick up 3 of the E1B clips in a heartbeat.

:popcorn:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried it out a couple times. The E1B clip will physically fit in the clip slot in the L1...but I found that it doesn't really work too well.

The main problem is that the L1's tailcap has to be turned for constant ON. The end of the E1B clip extends over the body and hovers right above the tailcap by about half an inch or so. So twisting the tailcap will rub against the clip. You can bend the clip up a little bit, but I just never really liked the combination so I gave up using it like that.

ml-1x_reverse_clip.jpg

Last edited:

cv3po

Banned
How about the E1L? It should fit on that one I'd think :shrug:. The clip was one of the reasons I went with the E1B but I'd still like an E1L. All I know is these new two-stage single cell Surefires pretty much ROCK :rock:

bobofish

Newly Enlightened
I've tried it out a couple times. The E1B clip will physically fit in the clip slot in the L1...but I found that it doesn't really work too well.
So when you say it will physically fit, you mean that it fits "properly" with no slop, etc.? I've read that there is a little plastic piece underneath the entry point of the clip, does the same plastic piece work with the E1B clip?

And then all I would have to do is bend the clip slightly so it doesn't rub on the tailcap?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the E1L? It should fit on that one I'd think :shrug:. The clip was one of the reasons I went with the E1B but I'd still like an E1L. All I know is these new two-stage single cell Surefires pretty much ROCK :rock:

It fits fine on the E1L body...here's my special one. :)

e1l-bk.jpg

So when you say it will physically fit, you mean that it fits "properly" with no slop, etc.? I've read that there is a little plastic piece underneath the entry point of the clip, does the same plastic piece work with the E1B clip?

And then all I would have to do is bend the clip slightly so it doesn't rub on the tailcap?

There's a little plastic thing that always goes flying when I yank out these clips and I just toss them when I find them. Works fine without it.

Yeah, just bend the clip slightly so that the knurling of the tailcap doesn't rub against the clip.

cv3po

Banned
It fits fine on the E1L body...here's my special one. :)

e1l-bk.jpg

There's a little plastic thing that always goes flying when I yank out these clips and I just toss them when I find them. Works fine without it.

Yeah, just bend the clip slightly so that the knurling of the tailcap doesn't rub against the clip.

Thanks for the pic, that is one sexy light! :naughty: That is essentially the light I'm looking to get right there so I'm glad to see that the clip fits nicely. Now all I have to do is try to buy just the clip from SF :ohgeez:

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Well I guess I'm not the only one having problems with different SF model clips. I've gone through one E1e and an E2D, I thought it was me just breaking them.

I would love to get a better clip for my two L1's and my two E2D's.