Will our favorite manufactures deliver us a P7 LED light?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though the new P7's from Kai and DX look tempting, I would assume manufactures like Fenix, Lumapower, Dereelight, Tiablo, Olight and Wolf eyes will deliver us a quality P7 light. I would definately be in for one. The SF Invictus and Optimus sure look nice but are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I'm sure these manufactures are already at the drawing board. The P7 is a hot item these days.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though the new P7's from Kai and DX look tempting, I would assume manufactures like Fenix, Lumapower, Dereelight, Tiablo, Olight and Wolf eyes will deliver us a quality P7 light. I would definately be in for one. The SF Invictus and Optimus sure look nice but are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I'm sure these manufactures are already at the drawing board. The P7 is a hot item these days.

+

Absolutely, not to take away from all the brilliant mods. recently,
I'm waiting for a fully heatsinked P7 light.

Simply take the thrower chassis from any number of quality manufacturers,
adapt the reflector and dial in the IC for say...9Volts (if possible) and Voilà ..:D

Supernam

Enlightened
IF someone make a real HIGH QUALITY light, I hope that they drive it at a current that it can sustain for its entire runtime without overheating. Clearly the "easy buck" manufacturers are will just try to wow you with the 900 lumen number. But realistically, I'd rather have a P7 driven at the 400lm @ 1.4A figure for a 1.5hr runtime in a compact light. In my opinion, a P7 at 2.8A only belongs in a Mag or similar sized light. EVEN in a Mag, a P7 at 2.8A gets extremely hot after 10 minutes. I wouldn't think of running it for the 3 hours that it has in battery capacity.

SF KL9 w/ 400lm? Looks like what I want. Perfect replacement for my KL6.

Yapo

Enlightened
i think 250+ lumens from a single cr123 for max and maybe 350+ lumens from 2 cr123/2 rcr123/18650 light would be plenty bright but fitting it into fenix P/L sized light would not leave much room for a reflector...