Olights for HD role?

Mdinana

Enlightened
Hi

I've been kind of looking for a light to attach to a 12 ga. shotgun, just in case it's ever needed in a self-defense role. I've seen that SF makes a fore-end/light combo (for $300), and that various companies make mounts that attach to the magazine. Now, all you folks have let me know about Olights, Fenix's, Streamlights, and of course, SF lights. I DO have a SF E1L, but it's kind of small, and eats batteries like mad. I also have a Fenix that I EDC, and don't want to put on the gun.

Anyway, I'm torn between various models from Olight. The T20-Tactical, the T20-Military, and the T-25. I figure that I'll probably never actually use the light for it's purchased purpose, so I like that the 20-T and 25 have more brightness options. I like the 25 since it's AA, but I realize that using R123's probably gives me better shelf life if I don't use the light for a while. The 20 series has a bit more advertised lumen output than the 25 (but I think it's only about 30 lumens difference).

Most importantly, I want a light that can stay on for at least 4 rounds (after which, I need to reload, and light won't help me then!) through a shotgun.

Wisdom/experience preferred. Opinions accepted as well. Thanks!!

Mdinana

Enlightened
How much do you want to spend?

Honestly, the difference in price between the 20M, 20T, and 25 isn't a big deal (it's what, like $20 between the 3?).

Probably no more than $80. $100 on a very, very weak day.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The T20s might be too thin for most mounts meant for 1 inch in diameter lights.

Olight has made a tape switch for their light, so I'd presume they should take the recoil of firing.

As for the price and something more proven, you can probably get a 6P/6PD(eBay or around here for a lower price) and a good drop-in for around $80.