Fenix E1 runtime graph, lithium?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody seen a runtime graph of the Fenix E1 running on the L92 lithium AAA? I would think it would be significantly different from the alkaline runtime graph, both in overall output as well as how the light falls out of regulation (and when).

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the E1 is one of the best regulated AAA lights out there and there is no increase in brightness going from alkaline to lithium. You will get longer runtime though. Chevrofreak did a great runtime chart you can search for.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, E1 is one of the great underrated lights IMHO. The E01 will probably be nice, but I REALLY like having the LED under AR glass, like the E1 does.

Chevrofreak's runtimes are here.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wish Fenix would bring back the E1 with a Q5 or Q4...that would be sweet:poke:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's called an L0D.

The whole point of the E1 was it was a less powerful, simple L0D. With the E01 pushing 10 lumens, there's no place for a more powerful model- you may as well get an L0D. Still, it'd be nice if they did bring it back (though chances of that are virtually nil)- a protected LED has a lot going for it IMO.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1 is definately a great light. I recently started to EDC it simply because my DX modded light is a little bulky for warm weather carry and I wanted to nail down a good edc for the summer. Looks like I found it.

Based on Chev's graph it appears the L92 is definately the way to go with this light. And I agree, having the led behind AR glass is a big plus. I've torn up plenty of photon's with keychain carry. But the E1 with pocket clip is perfect!

BTW, any suggestions on o-rings to tighten up the twisty a slight amount?

SwampCat

Newly Enlightened
As far as o-rings, go to the local hardware store & test fit them. Bins&bins to choose from.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda an old thread, but not bad. Just thought I'd update with an odd observation.

Anybody notice that the official fenix site lists the same specs for the E1 as the E0 except? Pretty weird, eh?

E0
E1

At first I figured it was some BS to up sales on the new E01, but then isn't the E1 discontinued? :confused:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yes, the Fenix E1 has indeed been discontinued.

But we can always hope for an "upgraded model", eh ?

:cool:

_