SF 6P gray

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else have the 6P in 'gunmetal'? How do you like it?

I'm probably going to get one when the p61L module comes out in the fall. It will be the host. I love the 6P format, and the gray finish should be an interesting color for my collection.

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
I got both the SF-6P and the SF-E2E in the satin gray finish............

surefiree2e03co9.jpg

I like the finish. Not as durable as their hard anodized finish but it looks better and will hide wear better. I wish they offered more models in this finish.

2xTap

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have...a few (!)...6P-GM. It is certainly an attractive finish, and I think the weakness of the coating compared to HA is offset by the degree to which it hides dings and scratches.

The "clear" anodizing is where it's at, though. Very bright and eye-catching.

Regards,
Tempest

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
I got both the SF-6P and the SF-E2E in the satin gray finish............

surefiree2e03co9.jpg

I like the finish. Not as durable as their hard anodized finish but it looks better and will hide wear better. I wish they offered more models in this finish.

2xTap

Where did you get that sweet looking battery case???

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
they're pelican 1010 cases .... you can buy them from lighthound or batterystation.com

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I will be purchasing a Gunmetal 6P and placing a M60L mod inside when I can...anyone know where I can get a matching gunmetal clickie switch??
I can only find the black ones on the Surefire site.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire don't produce a strike bezel in GM, and I'm not aware of them producing a clicky tailcap in GM either.

Regards,
Tempest

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
And whilst on the topic...anywhere I can get a gunmetal strike bezel??

The closest thing you'll likely find is the satin stainless Tactical Head that Lighthound sells...........http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3079

I have the black version with the satin stainless bezel that I have toyed around with a bit on my satin gray 6P.........

surefire6plego01nb3.jpg

...........the stainless matches up pretty well with SF's satin gray anodizing. It's not perfect but it is close. Solarforce also sells one like the Lighthound version in all stainless. You can find them on Ebay.

2xTap