NiteIze or Terralux 1w drop in for Mag?

khollister

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to convert all of my 2-3D Maglites to LED for emergency use (long runtime). I see there is a NiteIze PR drop in and a similar looking Terralux 1W which is more expensive. What is the difference in output and runtime in these? I am interested in output that is at least as good as the stock ican with the preference to longer runtime.

Didn't get anything too current in the searches. Thanks

Keith

Marduke

Flashaholic
I am looking to convert all of my 2-3D Maglites to LED for emergency use (long runtime). I see there is a NiteIze PR drop in and a similar looking Terralux 1W which is more expensive. What is the difference in output and runtime in these? I am interested in output that is at least as good as the stock ican with the preference to longer runtime.

Keith

Which NiteIze? The 1watt, or the 10mm one? The two 1watts will be on par, the 10mm will be dimmer with crazy long runtime.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
both with be a lot dimmer than stock if i recall , the only drop in i know with light that had great runtime and had same output but pure white :twothumbs light beam was the everled but its pricey..there are plenty of other drop ins that are cheaper $15-20 ,this might be good but i have never seen a runtime/output chart on it

JamisonM

Enlightened

Keith
There a bunch of luxeon I based drop-ins available these days that will easily best a 2D or 3D maglite in runtime and rival them in output. Here's a link to get you started.

GPB

Enlightened
I had a nite ize in my minimag and loved it so I picked up one for my 3D Mag.....and I hated it. The Mag Led conversion bulb is considerably brighter than the Nite Ize, or the Mag Incandescent bulb.......and it keeps your Mag, all Mag.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For something you can find in a store, the MagLED drop-in might be one of the better ones, if only they swapped in a Seoul P4, double the output, same runtime.(mod here)

Also check this thread.

The Nitreize drop-in will be really dim, less then a Minimag, but it will have a long runtime.

:welcome:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I had a nite ize in my minimag and loved it so I picked up one for my 3D Mag.....and I hated it. The Mag Led conversion bulb is considerably brighter than the Nite Ize, or the Mag Incandescent bulb.......and it keeps your Mag, all Mag.

The one that Nite-Ize makes for the larger Mags is geared more for runtime than output.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should help. :eek:oo:

2D Mag Incan stock (stock SMO & Plastic lens):
mag2dstockincanbp8.jpg

2D Mag with stock Mag LED drop-in (stock SMO & Plastic lens):
mag2ddropinstockxb9.jpg

2D Mag with Mag LED drop-in modded to SSC P4 USX0H (stock SMO & Plastic lens):
mag2ddropinsscmodkn4.jpg

Any questions? :whistle:

I do have the Nite-ize LED 2-6 cell "bulb" that I snagged at Target in their 75% off clearance sale. I'll have to add that to my comparison pictures tonight. I'm not expecting much since they don't advertise it's brightness vs the standard bulb, just some crazy runtime.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do have the Nite-ize LED 2-6 cell "bulb" that I snagged at Target in their 75% off clearance sale. I'll have to add that to my comparison pictures tonight. I'm not expecting much since they don't advertise it's brightness vs the standard bulb, just some crazy runtime.
So I'm a little late, but I added the pictures here. In short, it sucks. :crackup:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner12;2437107 Also check [URL="https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193434" said:
this thread[/URL].

in this thread you will find comments and links on mine in a terralux and smjled module comparison, with beamshots too.

If you are going to use the maglite then the TLE-1 is OK. In anyother flashlight the SMJLED is a winner...