CREE Q5 light for pistol?

Jaberwaki

Newly Enlightened
First off, I would like to say hi guys/gals. I am a noob member but have been a moth for a while now (what my wife calls flashaholics) I have been lurking on the site for a few days and have searned more about lights in this short time then I even knew there was to learn! Great site!

Now I have a question about pistol rail mounted lights.
Would anyone happen to know.....

#1. Does anybody make a rail mounted pistol light that uses the CREE Q5 ?

#2 If so, does anyone on this sight have a reputable dealer to buy this from?

Any help that can be given would be great. Thanks alot in advance guys/gals...

BSBG

Enlightened
The Surefire X300 uses a Cree of unknown bin, but it is very bright.

There are many dealers who support this site :grin2:

Jaberwaki

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire X300 uses a Cree of unknown bin, but it is very bright.

There are many dealers who support this site :grin2:

Thank you very much.
Does the X300 have strobe mode?

Looked up the light, appears to be only 110 lm. :thinking:

I thought the CREE Q5 put out 200+

Last edited:

Jaberwaki

Newly Enlightened
Ok I need to refine my question.

Any pistol mounted light that used the CREE Q5 with the strobe function?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
None that I know of.

The First Light does, but it is not handgun mounted.

The First light uses a Seoul P4 which is similar in performance to the Cree XR-E Q5(the Seoul is slightly dimmer).

Why do you need strobe?

:welcome:

Last edited:

Jaberwaki

Newly Enlightened
I am CQB airsoft player (for about 3 years now).

The strobe effect mixed with high LM output causes people shooting at you to mis... Alot.
It also completely masks movement from one side of a hallway opening to the other. so you can pop a few shots from one corner then blind and move so that when the enemy atempts to cut the pie on that corner to engage you, you are on the other side shooting him in his blind side.

I have used a friends Gladius for this move several times but hate having to holster one of my Glocks to do it since the chance of a second shooter in the CQB style games we play (up to 50 people per side in a 30,000 sq ft building) is a real threat that happens ALOT.

If I could find one with this feature that was pistol mounted (M3 style) then I could keep both Glocks out where they belong. :)

Jaberwaki

Newly Enlightened
Wow. I would have guessed that shooting with a 110 lumen strobe in a dark building would make ME miss a lot!!

:popcorn:

Both of my Glocks are model 18C (full auto), So I usually send enough ammo thier way to hit even if the first shot is not dead on. :D

Oh and the building is not dark so effects of the strobe on the person using it is very little, but the effect of the strobe on the people its aimed at =:mecry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Mode-CREE-Q5-...for-Glock_W0QQitemZ350028262395QQcmdZViewItem

This is the product that had me asking this question. I LOVE the concept but dont trust buying this on a Ebay store... I much prefer dealing with a known reputable dealer, even if it means I pay a few dollars more.

Last edited:

Kato

Enlightened
The upgraded Night-Ops Xiphos that Strategos International sells uses a Seoul P4 and features a strobe feature. It requires a proprietary Blackhawk Serpa holster though.

Link.