KD's 773U Mag G4 bulb.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a noob trying out my first incand mag mod. So blowing up things is pretty new to me at this stage.

What I need to know is: could KD's 773 bulb be run on six 2500mahs Ni-Mh batteries?

The specs say two Li-Ons or six AAs, doesn't say what type of AAs...:shrug:

I don't have any NTCs or soft-start devices... is that bad??

Any advice is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
assuming that it's rated at 8.3V I can say that it can runs on 2 li-ion (7,4 nominal voltage) and 6 X 1,2V nimh for a total voltage of 7,2 (nominal) and 8,4 "hot of the charger".

with this bulb you don't need a NTC...

Norm

Retired Administrator
It will be interesting to see this bulb Gavin if the specs are right I might give it a try after I've seen yours. What host do you have in mind? I'd be running on two C Li-ions though.
Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
The host will be a Mag 2D with 6AAs in it... 2500mah VARTAs I bought from Bunnings.

These VARTAs appear really well made, I purchased 2 packs of 4AAs and I measured each cell with a DMM and all were within 0.1v of each other. I cycled them thorugh my DX Soshine charger and all of them came off the charger fully charged within 0.1v of each other.

I guess the truth is in the testing when my stuff arrives from Kai.

I just hope the 3AA-1D adapters I purchased off Litemania will be up to the task. I heard that if the resistance is too high, the 3AA adapters can warp and melt!

I purchased 5 bulbs Norm, you can have a couple if I don't blow all of them up trying to mod my light!

It will be interesting to see this bulb Gavin if the specs are right I might give it a try after I've seen yours. What host do you have in mind? I'd be running on two C Li-ions though.
Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
phew... thanks for letting me know that... I was just looking for a simple mod 'drop-in' for my 2D mag... I didn't really want to get messed up with soldering and resistors etc.... thank goodness its just a simple mod.

assuming that it's rated at 8.3V I can say that it can runs on 2 li-ion (7,4 nominal voltage) and 6 X 1,2V nimh for a total voltage of 7,2 (nominal) and 8,4 "hot of the charger".

with this bulb you don't need a NTC...

Last edited:

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had KD 773 bulbs inside Mag 2D running on 6 Sanyo 2700 NiMh.
If you can get Osram 64250 or 64275 locally better get the osrams, i prefer Osram 64250 than KD's 773 bulbs. The osram runs brighter and whiter IMHO.
KD's 773 has a round-er hotspot than normal G4 halogen bulb such as osrams..

7 Cells kills the KD 773 bulbs on mine but you can run it on 7 if the battery is drained enough.

I'm a noob trying out my first incand mag mod. So blowing up things is pretty new to me at this stage.

What I need to know is: could KD's 773 bulb be run on six 2500mahs Ni-Mh batteries?

The specs say two Li-Ons or six AAs, doesn't say what type of AAs...:shrug:

I don't have any NTCs or soft-start devices... is that bad??

Any advice is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I purchased 5 bulbs Norm, you can have a couple if I don't blow all of them up trying to mod my light!
:thanks: :takeit: :clap: :twothumbs Good one Gavin I'll trade you for some P60 style bulbs I have a choice of 3.6 or 7.2 Volts.
Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm:

Could you PM me your address? Got the bulbs this morning, maybe its just my setup but there's no way the KDU773 bulb is putting out more than 200 torch lumens! Its way brighter than the original 2D Mag bulb, but its no where near the eye scorcher as advertised. But like I said, maybe my setup is wrong. So maybe you'll have better luck than me!