CPF Business Cards

Marduke

Flashaholic
Should we make unofficial, or Greta approved official business cards for CPF? Here is my reason:

Checking a semi-local Target to see if they had anything left of the spring clearance, I overheard a guy and his wife talking. They were passing the flashlight aisle and he tugged her in saying "Oh, I need to look for that LED thing..."

Yeah right, we all know that line, we NEED to look for something important.

Anyhow, I overheard her saying "Honey, don't you have enough damn flashlights already??"

At this point, I had to try my best to not laugh out loud, since I would have been hearing the same exact thing If my wife hadn't already bailed on me in favor of "girly things" as we entered the store, knowing full well why I was there and what I would be looking at.

The guy replied "I'm not looking for a flashlight, I just NEED one of those LED upgrades for a MiniMag."

There's that "need" word again. Does that actually work for any of you on your wives/girlfriends?? Also, does it really rationalize better that you're not buying a whole light, just pieces parts and upgrades for one? Even though those upgrades could full well cost nearly as much as the light (ie. titanium bezel with trits...).

Anyhow, I didn't have the heart to tell him he was about a week late and Target had just finished up running these things on 75% off clearance.

The moral of the story is that I really wish I would have had a CPF business card to hand him with one side that read "You are not alone" or "Flashaholics Anonymous" and the reverse containing some logo's or artwork and the URL.

What do you think, yay or nah?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe cpf url stickers to place on all lights at stores

need a disclaimer on the bottom of the card in fine print to avoid lawsuits for when people lose all their money buying lights :grin2:

Cpf is not responsible for the amount of money you will spend on new found addiction

h_nu

Enlightened
But Flashaholics anonymous sounds too much like AA. Wouldn't that imply that you escaped your flashaholism. Aren't we flashaholics unanimous? :)

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Under my user name can my card say Servant of the Serving Wench.
crackup.gif

Bill

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just print out some business cards with the CPF URL on it? Slap a flashlight or other applicable light related graphic on it if you wish.

Nothing fancy, but works...

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
That book graphic that Greta/Sasha has tattooed on her back would be a nice business card graphic. Probably copyrighted though. Can't find the pix now.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thanks:

The tattoo artist did a nice job brightening up the child's expression.

Last edited: