DealExtreme Delivery Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloganuga

Newly Enlightened
All,

I have been lurking for a while and have found a wealth of information. Thanks. I just ordered a Cree R2 Drop-in from DealExtreme and was wondering what the current order to delivery time has been running to USA. I know many have said that the DX quoted time can be a bit optimistic.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once it says your order has shipped I usually have it in 5-7 days, but it could be up to 2 weeks.

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
I've found them to be pretty good.

It took over a month to get a Romisen RC-T5 but demand for that light was extremely high so, breaking that down, they had to fill back orders to the tune of a 2~3 week delay and then a couple of weeks in shipping. That's not bad.

I'm waiting on a back order of TrustFire T1 lights right now.

I think the problem is, if we discover a light to be good, we spread the word. A few moments later, DX has 100 orders for a light and the 10 units on the shelf are long gone. I would guess their bursty order dynamics are almost impossible to plan for. Under those conditions, I think they do a good job.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have placed 3 different orders with DX since January. The longest delivery was 3.5 weeks. One item was out of stock and the order was placed during the new year holiday.

For items in-stock, non-holiday season my orders take a little less than 2 weeks.

On all my orders, their www site was accurately updated.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I ordered the R2 drop-in on the 6th. It is being packaged today.

My last order took 8 days from order to delivery, and this one is obviously taking longer.

But here is something odd. I ordered a couple puck lights and then decided I wanted more the next day and made another order. The second order has already been shipped and the first is still waiting on the supplier?

The best thing to do is just expect it to take a long time, be happy about the great deal you get, and let it be a pleasant surprise when it arrives. If you endlessly try to track your packages, you'll find that the watched pot never boils. . .

germanshepherd

Newly Enlightened
They told me my order shipped on 4/4. as of 4/14 it has not arrive yet....if it arrives in next few days it would be on average.about 5-7 days. I had things take longer..all depends..

Tachikoma

Enlightened
I live in Italy, for me it usually takes 1 month to receive a package from Dx.

mighty82

Enlightened
I have received 25 orders from DX this year, and it usually takes between 2 and 3 weeks. I actually received a package today that I ordered 8 days ago. A new record I think :party:

They are easy to deal with and replaces broken items without questions. I received the wrong items once, and they just sent me the right items and told me to keep the wrong ones as a gift. :twothumbs

germanshepherd

Newly Enlightened
They told me my order shipped on 4/4. as of 4/14 it has not arrive yet....if it arrives in next few days it would be on average.about 5-7 days. I had things take longer..all depends..

I should have stated where I am located.. I am on the US east coast..

sloganuga

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I am not in a big hurry to get it, just curious since this was my first order from them. I also have a couple of EO1's on backorder from Fenix Store (as I am sure many of you do too), so the waiting begins.

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
Ordering from dealextreme is like getting free stuff. By the time it gets to you you've forgotten about paying for it, surprise! Presents in the mail!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
order, forget, and be pleasently surprised....you'd think that cos i live so close to them (hongkong-singapore) i would get it within a week, but i have had stuff take 3-4 weeks to reach me. Ironically, the one thing that took a month only had one, small item..:thinking:

Crenshaw

Yapo

Enlightened
lol just out of curiosity...has anyone ordered some stacks of those small rare earth magnets they sell? i was thinking the mail might get lost by sticking onto somthin...

stump

Newly Enlightened
I just got an order from DX today, April 14th. The email telling that it was shipped came on April 6th. I placed the order on April 4th.

dreamfly

Newly Enlightened
lol just out of curiosity...has anyone ordered some stacks of those small rare earth magnets they sell? i was thinking the mail might get lost by sticking onto somthin...

Yes I have, both the small and bigger sizes. Both arrived perfect. They are indeed strong...so strong that the force of attraction can break itself into pieces. So be careful playing with them.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
As little as 6 days to N Ireland. I ordered some stuff yesterday and expect it next week.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple orders with them, and both times they got something mixed up, but let me keep the item and sent the right item within a couple weeks. The longest wait I've had in Minnesota was 13 days. It would have been 12, but my mail cairrier is afraid of dogs =(

Does anyone know how fast the EMS is in comparison? The price is still lower even with it added, but is it worth the extra few bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.