Help on selecting Fenix L2D flashlight

edap617

Newly Enlightened
I am planning to buy a 2xAA LED flashlight and my first choice is Fenix L2D. I searched DX and I found out there are 2 versions of the L2D, the L2D CE Q5 Cree LED at 66 USD and the L2D CE Cree LED at 62 USD. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the 2 versions?

What other online store offers Fenix L2D with international shipping?

Thank you.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Q5 is the brighter one with a more efficient LED. Beside that, they should be identical.

I'd recommend buying from Fenix Store. They have shipping included in their price, is cheaper then DX, and have a 8% off coupon for CPFers, "CPF8". Not to mention their good customer service.

mighty82

Enlightened
I would suggest buying your fenix from fenix-store.com
They are much easier to deal with, they offer lifetime warranty and ships worldwide for free. They also have lower prices.

The Q5 is the newest led in the fenix lights today, and is well worth the extra money compared to the normal "CE" version.

Last edited:

Ferreter5

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of Fenix lights from fenix-store.com -- friendly service, fast shipping, no problems at all. I'd do business with them again.

One of the lights I bought was an L2D Q5. I've really been enjoying it a lot. I carry it in my pack when I night hike as a back up to my headlamp. I use rechargable NiMH low-self-discharge (MAHA IMEDION) batteries in it.

For a small light it puts out quite a bit of light and has some nice throw. I can light up the side of our barn from the far end of our property almost 400 feet away.