DX R2 compared to M60, M60L

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

I just purchased an R2 drop-in from DX.com and I'm just waiting to get my SF 6P to pop it in. I was just wondering how the brightness of the DX R2 compared to the Malkoff M60 or M60L. Which one is brighter? I'm assuming the M60 will be brighter than the R2 at DX, but if it's not too far off, for a quarter of the price maybe it will hold me off until I can get the M60.

Thanks!

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its such a close fight between the DX R2 in my Surefire M2, Stu's BOG Q5 premium+ in a 6P & Andrew's Malkoff M60 in a specially modified E2D, that it really boils down to what cells you gonna use to power them.

Read about it here.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dx order with the R2 finally shipped yesterday after about 2 weeks....ill be able to compare then..

Crenshaw

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
Its such a close fight between the DX R2 in my Surefire M2, Stu's BOG Q5 premium+ in a 6P & Andrew's Malkoff M60 in a specially modified E2D, that it really boils down to what cells you gonna use to power them.

Read about it here.

Awsome, thanks Fusion. I'll save my cash for now... the M60 would have been $60 + $20 to ship to Canada, compared to the $15.50 for the R2 at DX.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries... as a matter of interest, KD has the same R2 dropin for cheaper...

I must also bring up that each drop-in owner is very happy with his respective dropin, even after the comparison I am not aware of anyone having any sort of regret purchasing the BOG, DX or Malkoff.

Personally, for under $20 delivered worldwide, the R2 dropin represents unbeatable value for money and it's seriously B-R-I-G-H-T... it blitz my USX0H SSC P4 modded Surefire KL6 for output AND throw!:eek:oo:

Awsome, thanks Fusion. I'll save my cash for now... the M60 would have been $60 + $20 to ship to Canada, compared to the $15.50 for the R2 at DX.

Last edited:

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
I caved and got a Dereelight 3SD for $39. I'll put this in my SF 6P that I have coming, and save the DX R2 that I already have for the SolarForce L2 that I have coming.

Last edited: