Cheap, and easy Diffuser!! PICS ADDED

a4d

Enlightened
Well i got bored about a week ago (forgot to post untill now) and took the cap of a soda bottle (20 oz., or 2liter) and placed it on the end of my Sportsman Extreme. It made it into a diffuser, not so bright but it worked. This cap happened to be off of a Mountain Dew LiveWire bottle. It was a goldish tint to it. But i bet a clearish water bottle cap would do better. I found it to disperse the light pretty nicely(sp).

I'll try and get some pics later on when it gets dark unless someone decides to try it themselves and beats me to it. This may have been discussed before but i think it's pretty good cheap easy mod. It works with bigger head lights like the Sportsman Extreme. I tried on my Fenix the head was to small, but it was awesome on Turbo mode.:twothumbs

Last edited:

a4d

Enlightened
Re: Cheap, and easy Diffuser!! (PICS ADDED)

Well i got some pictures. Not the best camera, so the pics don't really do justice. You'll have to give it a try to get the real effect. Well here they are.

This is my camo, shower curtain (4ft)
Forums015.jpg

Control.
Forums016.jpg

2aa Mini Mag with 3 led Nite Ize. (w/o diffuser)(4ft.)
Forums017.jpg

Rayovac Sportsman Extreme (w/o diffuser)(4ft)
Forums018.jpg

Fenix L2D Q5 (turbo mode w/o diffueser)(4ft)
Forums019.jpg

2aa Mini Mag with 3 led Nite Ize (1ft. w/ diffuser)
Forums020.jpg

Rayovac Sportsman Extreme (1ft. w/ diffuser)
Forums021.jpg

Fenix L2D Q5 (1ft. w/ diffuser)
Forums022.jpg

Bathroom Sink (2ft away)
Forums023.jpg

Bathroom Sink: Control (2ft away.)
Forums027.jpg

2aa Mini Mag (w/ diffuser 2ft.)
Forums024.jpg

Rayovac Sportsman (2ft. w/ diffuser)
Forums025.jpg

Fenix L2D Q5 (2ft. w/ diffuser)
Forums026.jpg

Again these pics aren't the greatest hopefully you get a vague idea. The shots of the sink really do not justify it. They are all quite a bit brighter.

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
Re: Cheap, and easy Diffuser!! (PICS ADDED)

If you want quick and dirty, and not long lasting for a diffuser, rubber band a small piece of a lowe's shopping bag over your lens. Their bags are just thin plastic like everywhere else, but clear. Works great, doesn't lose a lot of lumens.

a4d

Enlightened
Not a bad idea. I was just sitting in my cafeteria at college, and just placed my light in it to see if it would stick, and it placed in there pretty good. I don't know i think it's cool.