My work addy was "spofed"

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Last Friday, I had over 70 msgs of spam rejected /delivery-rejected in my inbox at work, and I work for a Fortune 500 company! Corp IT guy left me a voicemail that my email account was "spoofed.' and not to worry about it, as they are adressing it at the router level. Today I only had seven. (I shut the box off over the weekend.) WTF! Said I had been "Spoofed"????

Larry

Empath

Flashaholic
That is irritating, but it happens. The spammers spoof your address in the from header, and then the back scatter all come back to you. It's called a joe job, and about all you can do is wait it out.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the same email account since 1997, most of the time spoofed mail dies at the server level spam filters, if some manage to escape that net, then they're catched by the secondary local spam filter.

Pablo

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thing happened to me yesterday with one of my unused personal e-mail address. Return message from over 150 servers for undeliverable message. Google spam filter dropped these messages in my junk box! I decided to disable my address. ;)