I need help with my L1D

Gado

Newly Enlightened
I use nimh batteries for this one. It was working fine when I got it but then it started having problems. When I try to turn it on it wont turn on and I have to turn it on and off a couple times for it to light up. Sometimes if I turn it on and wait, usually it will come on after about 3 seconds(not always 3 seconds it varies). I have cleaned every thing with a toothbrush and alcohol and made sure the switch assembly was tightened, the head and tail caps too. I have tried a new nimh battery same result and an alkaline(not new from a remote, couldn't find any new ones :))

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try tacking the tailcap off and shorting the negative end of the battery to the shiney end of the battery tube. It should light up right away.

If so the problem is in the switch or contact with the end of the battery tube and tailcap.

Gado

Newly Enlightened
Awesome that works. Im going to have to clean up the tail area some more then

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking a stiff switch module which doesn't return quickly when pressure is released is probably the culprit.

Gado

Newly Enlightened
Well i didnt know too tight may be a problem.
I put a GITD o-ring btween the metal body and the rubber cap switch.(where the lanyard goes) I wil try without the o-ring.