Gerber Cornea HI (Cree, 4 modes, spot-to-flood focusing) reviews?

luminari

Newly Enlightened
I had some Gerber LX 3.0 lights in the past, and they were pretty good for that generation of LED (Luxeon III)

Now, after a slew of old-school xenon bulbs, they have released a new Cornea HI light.

Does anyone have one? Searching on the Goog didn't seem to find any real reviews. The things that seem interesting to me: focusing spot-to-flood is pretty rare, especially for modern Cree lights, multi-modes.

They are priced at around higher-end Fenix prices.

Here are some specs:

Cornea Hi - The Cornea Hi improves on the design of the Cornea in nearly every aspect. This aircraft- grade aluminum light pushes out more than 100 lumens from a 3-watt CREE LED with a rotating spot-to-flood head. The push-button on/off switch also runs the strobe feature, which can be set at high, medium or low. Water resistant. Runs off three CR-123 batteries (not included).
Adjustable beam functionality, and super-brightness just add to the list of what makes the Cornea Hi one of the best L.E.D. spot-to-flood on the market. The stylish, aircraft-grade aluminum housing protects the real technology inside — a 3-watt Cree® L.E.D. with a true spot-to-flood beam with 100+ lumens and no "dead spots." Push button on/off with high/medium/low/strobe modes. Powered by three CR123 batteries included.

Specifications
  • Overall Length: 8.50"
  • Weight: 10.60 oz.
  • Anodized aluminum body
  • Advanced circuitry driving high output L.E.D.
  • Custom aspheric optic
  • Rotating head for spot-to-flood beam
  • Push button on/off
  • Uses 3 CR123 batteries (included)

lumenal

Enlightened
I saw this light at Cabelas recently. I believe the price was $79.99. :confused::duh2:

The huge optic hid the CREE inside, but the description on the packaging lists a "3 watt CREE".

It seems like the light is about the size of a 2-D Mag, even though its powered by three 123A batteries...