So...I blew a Surefire P60 Assembly...

Force Attuned

Enlightened
1. I recently received a Fenix T1 along with 4 x 3.6V Li Ion rechargeable Ultrafire batteries.

After charging the batteries I decided to see if they would work in my Surefires as I have heard that some of the rechargeables don't actually fit in the Surefire barrels.

Anyhow...I found that the batteries did fit in my Surefires. I put the rechargeables in my G2Z didn't I...the second I activated the switch, the bulb blew..a brand new P60 assembly...

Being a total newb in regards to voltages and electronics in general, this is the kind of thing that can happen...should have asked for advice from other forum members before taking the plunge.

2. On to the next topic, I then put the P60L assemlbly in my G2Z and the batteries worked fine due to the accepted voltages.

Anyone have an idea as to the runtimes of the rechargeables compared to the Surefire brand batteries?? I am interested specifically when using a P60L assembly or similar.

I also have a Malkoff M60 and a M60L on the way too, anyone have runtimes on these with rechargeables vs Surefire batteries??

Cheers

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

Good to see another Melbourne CPFer :)

Primary cells hold about 1400mAh; rechargeables about 700mAh. So about half is right!