Power Outage at work..

cqbdude

Enlightened
Yesterday we had a power outage at my work around 3pm..
I work in an area where it doesnt get too much sunlight..

Right when everything in the building shuts down, out goes my flashlight.:naughty:

My co-workers were already yelling for the flashlight man..:crackup:

My new Manager who doesn't yet know that Im a flashaholic, made a comment on how fast the flashlight was already on right after the building light went off..:twothumbs

Then someone got trapped in the Elevator and the facilities guy needed a flashlight to check the room that controls the elevator to look for some bleed off valve, so I let him use my flashlight..

Well he used it and used it and I practically had to pry the thing off his hands..
As he was giving it back to me, he said, what is that?...thats a really nice light..:laughing:

Here a picture of my McGizmo Aleph 2 taken at a different date..

313429745.jpg

313429747.jpg

Last edited:

ackbar

Enlightened
Then someone got trapped in the Elevator and the facilities guy needed a flashlight to check the room that controls the elevator to look for some bleed off valve, so I let him use my flashlight..

The maintenance guy didn't have a light on him? he needs to be shot. :p

Seriously.. any PROFESSIONAL who needs to borrow tools from someone else should be ashamed of himself.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short-term power outage is like a flashaholic's dream come true. :naughty:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Nice! :twothumbs

Btw, there was a thread awhile ago about having cheaper lights on-hand as loaner lights so that you don't have to worry (as much) about someone walking off with your prized (ie. $$$) light(s). I now carry around a 1AA light that I have available to loan in such a scenario. I'd still be worried about getting it back but not as much as I would be if it were one of my more expensive lights... :grin2:

The maintenance guy didn't have a light on him? he needs to be shot. :p

Seriously.. any PROFESSIONAL who needs to borrow tools from someone else should be ashamed of himself.
+1. Aside from one dude who carries a mini m*glite, most of the elevator / escalator maintenance guys around my building carry Streamlights, either ProPolymers or the incan lights which surprised me.

jwl

Enlightened
I too was lucky enough to have the power go out at work today. I was in an Engineering & Production "brainstorming" meeting. Lights went out and I reached for my Novatac EDC just as the lights came back on. A few minutes later the lights went out again and again I reached for my Novatac, but this time I waited a few seconds to see if the lights were going to come right back on. They didn't, so I proceeded to light up the "white board" where my boss was standing and (had been) sketching. With a thanks from my boss (Eng Manager) and his boss (VP of Product Development) we continued the meeting.

After ~10 minutes the lights still had not come on, so I excused myself to go get my Dereelight CLH1 V3 running rechargeables. We continued on with the meeting for another ~45 minutes. Everybody was happy that I had my lights.

ackbar

Enlightened
Only a flerd would consider a power outage a good thing...:crackup: That being said.. You lucky people... I want a power outage!!!!

Yeah.. Ever since I started carrying a light with me I have yet to encounter a power outage. Before that faithful photon III it was at least once per year.

Lets not talk about what I carry now plz. :p

LumenMan

Enlightened
Lets not talk about what I carry now plz. :p[/quote]

Let me guess...a Surefire M6 on a keychain ? :crackup::poke::shakehead:nana:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I'm evil.. but there have been days where I'm wishing there would be a power outage at work. I'm prepared,though.. Arc AA in my pants pocket,and in my backpack I have a UK Vizion headlight,as well as a $5 cheapo 9LED 3AAA light.

(The only thing that would suck about a power outage at my work.. being trapped in a elevator.)