Brightest light for $10 or less...?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Can you all help me out with your wealth of knowledge and hands on experience? It can use any battery(s)...but I want to buy many of these for work. So, what is the brightest light for $10 or less?

I am currently using the River Rock 2AA for $9.99 at Target.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gee . . . .

Never thought the new Fenix E01 flashlights

would be considered as "too expensive".

:naughty:

_

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite it's age it is hard to beat the RR 2AAA for the price.

For under $10 you are getting multi-LED or 1W Luxeon but reliability is unknown.

If you can bump your budget up to under $20:
Romisen MXDL RC-G2 $11.50 Fairly wide head might not make for comfortable pocket carry.
MTE 1xAA SSC-P4 42180-U $$16.91 Ugh. The price went up. Used to be below $15.

Delta

Enlightened
Yeah, I agree you might want to set some more realistic expectations. $20 and under gives a lot more options. $10 and under....consider the profit margin and you have a light worth only a few dollars in material. How good could it possibly be?

Remember you get what you pay for. $20 is pushing it, but doable.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Romisen RC-G2 is good at $11.50, and depending on how many you want, there are bulk discounts.

If you bought 10 of the, you could get them for $11.01 each

20 would be $10.93 each

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The Romisen RC-G2 is good at $11.50, and depending on how many you want, there are bulk discounts.
Yeah, I would have to agree that's the best light you are going to get for that price.

If you are willing to go up to $20, then there's a lot of other options to consider. Bessiebenny has a good review thread going in the reviews forum.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, I didn't know there was a Romisen for that price. Good to know.

HighLight

Enlightened

If you bought 10 of the, you could get them for $11.01 each

20 would be $10.93 each

I never would have thought you could get a light with a Cree XR-E emitter for that price. That would have to be the brightest for that price. The extra $1.50 would be well worth it so your going to have to bite the bullet and splurge. Hey you only live once!:crackup:

Delta

Enlightened
I never would have thought you could get a light with a Cree XR-E emitter for that price. That would have to be the brightest for that price. The extra $1.50 would be well worth it so your going to have to bite the bullet and splurge. Hey you only live once!:crackup:

It IS A P2...not a P4 though. It seems brighter because it is a very focused beam.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

Yeah, I suppose I could splurge another few bucks! Would this Romison be any brighter than the 2AAA RR?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Ya' know . . . .

Wal-Mart and Target sell the "classic" Mini-Maglite for less than $9.

Alkaline batteries included.

Holster, too.

Many new ones even include Extra Spare Bulbs.

While no longer current technology,
many of us here have used this flashlight
for years and years.

Bet it can still serve its original purpose.

:whistle:

Waaay better than the Bic lighter, mentioned earlier.

:candle:
_

Skibane

Enlightened
Since you posted in the LED Forum, I'll assume that you're limiting your choices to LED flashlights...

Dorcy sells a 4AA cell 1 watt LED light for well under 10 bucks - with alkaline batteries included.

IIRC, their 1 watt PR-base LED conversion bulb (also sold at Sears under the Craftsman brand) is also well under 10 bucks - which means that you could toss it in a cheap plastic 3- or 4-cell flashlight or lantern and still stay under your price target.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
As long as it's the brightest I can get for around $10...I don't care what it is.

Preferably LED because of the runtimes. So, does anyone know if the RR 2AAA is brighter than the RC-G2?

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Dude :poke:...go for the Romisen RC-G2....Cree P2 or not, that thing can throw! You'll have a nice little pocket light with a real tight, bright beam. You're not gonna get a real floody beam it'll surprise you nonetheless. Can't beat it for the money.

bessiebenny

Enlightened
Okay. Is $10.90 okay?? =P

It is brighter in terms of overall light output than the RC-G2 but not as throwy.
It has an old Lumiled emitter but still bright. Has a more useful beam for indoor use.
It is also tiny as it's a AAA light and the quality is just superb.

Below is photo of R-1A01 and RC-G2 used to light up my messy kitchen.
Also, check out my thread (now a sticky in this forum) for more info.

Romisen R-1A01 (stock form)
roomr1a01aaafb4.jpg

Romisen RC-G2 Cree P2
roomrcg2ur8.jpg

Last edited:

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Grab a branch off a tree, wrap it in old t-shirts, then douse it in a dollars worth of gasoline and light 'er up. There, a cheap, floody light alternative (10 for 10 bucks ! ! :p ! !). The only drawback would be price of the "batteries" :D

Delta

Enlightened
When I used to be a carpet cleaning technician...in regards to getting up-sales my boss once told me "Nobody is going to to spend their last $100 they have on getting their carpets cleaned"

So I think it's safe to say you aren't so broke that you want to spend your last $10 on a flashlight. So that begs the question...why so adamant that it is no more than $10? Just curious...

Latest posts