• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Chrome Key Switch Kits for Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few custom chrome key switch kits for sale!
These would be great for any modified light, especially maglites.
Both the keys, key ring and switch are chrome.
The switch is 23mm's long. It would require a hole 10-13mm's wide.

key%20switch.jpg

key%20switch%202.jpg

This kit includes:

-One Chrome key switch (on/off)
-Two Keys on a key ring
-One Custom Army Green lanyard (aprox. 6" long)
-Two 12" 18AWG copper wires
-4" heat shrink tubing
-Free Shipping (World Wide!)

All for just $7 shipped! ($1.50 for Registered mail - optional)
Paypal: [email protected] (No CC Payments)
or paypal [email protected] (CC Payments +4%)

Please post :paypal: with desired quantity, so I know your CPF username.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting!:naughty:

but I need some more infos:

1st: is out there a guide that explain hot to install it?
2nd: which is the total resistence of the unit?
3rd: how much current can it handle?
4th: is the light still water proof with this switch installed?
thanks in advance.:twothumbs

Last edited:

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) There is not guide. Someone can buy one and make one though. It's a fairly simple switch. You just need a hole ~10-13cms then you can solder and heatshrink the provided wires then connect them to where the original switch was.
2) I have a cheap digital multimeter it reads about 1.5 ohms of resistance. I do not have a ammeter-voltmeter (these are a lot more accurate for small measurements) All I can say is that that this switch has very little resistance.
3) 100W's shouldn't be a problem
4) With just about any type of key switch a key has to be inserted so there is no rubber covering the switch. So it will certainly not be water proof. Maybe water resistant to some extent.

Thanks for your questions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
jasonck08, please tell me what it is about these items that makes you think they belong for sale in this forum?

They seem to me to be simple hardware items that would more properly be sold in the MarketPlace in Non-Lights, if anywhere.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just the fact that this is a custom kit and customized flashlights and accessories go here. I don't see why this wouldn't belong here...

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just the fact that this is a custom kit and customized flashlights and accessories go here. I don't see why this wouldn't belong here...
I don't want to trash your sales thread but, I'm a bit confused on the "custom" part..Do you make this yourself?? Have this been modified for flashlight applications in any way?? If they are not then , they do not belong here...

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I remember using this type of switches back in the 80's on car alarms before the high tech alarms with remotes, they are not water proof but they due sell rubber cover for them It looks like the 12v SPST 5 amp version switches but there also a 2 amp version don't hold me to it, the $7.50 price is a good price, my local electronic shop sells them for $10.00 without the heat shrink and wire.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

KLC

Newly Enlightened
I don't want to trash your sales thread but, I'm a bit confused on the "custom" part..Do you make this yourself?? Have this been modified for flashlight applications in any way?? If they are not then , they do not belong here...

Maybe the chroming and lanyard are what is considered 'custom'. :shrug:

DM51

Flashaholic
I do not consider these are custom items. In post #1 you describe the lanyard as custom - but it's just a piece of cord with a knot in it.

The test for custom items is that they should be made specifically for, or modified for, or adapted or to, an application in flashlights.

These things are off-the shelf hardware items that do not fit any of these criteria IMO.

You may try your luck in the MarketPlace if you wish, as I suggested in my earlier post above, but I'm not even convinced they really belong there.

I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.