Multi-modes with a 6P or G2?

LiteFan

Enlightened
My L2 is pretty simple and straight forward, push lightly for momentary low, push harder for momentary high. Twist to turn on low, Twist more to turn on high.

@m2usa you could check into the D26 multimode dropins and a clickie tailcap. If you get frustrated let me know if you want to get rid of that 3P.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean cycling through the modes in a multi-mode P60 drop-in?

If so, easy to do. I have a Kaidomain SKU 2363 4-mode drop-in (high, medium, low, strobe). All you have to do is momentary press, release, and press again to access the next mode. The release can be as long as 2 sec in a 6P and still allow access to the next mode. Interestingly, in a single-cell 3P, you can wait as long as about 10 sec before the drop-in defaults to the high mode instead of cycling to the next mode.

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Uh... I'm not sure what a D26 is though. Is that a SKU? The 3P is pretty old and lives in my camera bag, so I think I'll be hanging on to it for a while ;) Anyway, I'll look into that KaiDomain multimode.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you order the KD 2363, be aware of the following:

- The KD 2363 is not as bright as say a DX 6090
- The one I got was overly long and the bezel had a gap of about 5 mm. I got around that by using a Z32 shock bezel, which was able to accommodate the excess drop-in length.
- In a 3P, you need to drive the KD 2363 with a 3.7V Li-ion rechargeable. A regular CR123A primary results in high, medium, and low all being low.
- The KD web site is correct that the drop-in does not function correctly if you use two RCR123A 3.7V rechargeables (e.g., in a 6P). The drop-in seems to work fine for a couple of seconds, but then starts to flicker. Unfortunately, I didn't have a 17670 to try, but it ought to work.

I am using the KD 2363 in a 3P with Z32 and one AW 3.7V RCR123A cell.

Last edited: