Flashlight in the delivery room

jezzyp

Enlightened
My wife went into labour so I dashed her to the hospital. In the labour suite the nurse dimmed down the lights whilst nature took its course.
The nurse was on her own as another mother was having complications next door. The midwife started struggling a bit and found it difficult to see as the baby got a bit stuck - she yelled to her colleagues who eventually came she told her to go and find the portable light.
I could see the anxious look on the midwifes face as she struggled in the half light, she muttered that she couldn't see too well. My wife had cut off the circulation in my hand so I couldn't go anywhere.
I pulled out the fenix P1D CE with my other hand and lit up the bottom of the bed, the midwife said thanks Karen and sorted the problem. She then looked around and saw that the trolley light hadn't arrived but that I was holding a torch.
By the time the trolley light arrived the baby was born.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Congratulations!! Enjoy your stay at the hospital, your multi-mode fenix EDC will come in handy over the next few years. Babies generally don't like bright lights. I had a 2AA minimag with me when my kids were born.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You da Man!!

Translation : Way to go on saving the day.... and the baby. :twothumbs

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
I had to laugh when I read about your wife cutting off your circulation. Vera did that to me too.. lol.

Congratulations- you did not say if boy or girl?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations! :) Pretty cool that the first thing your new baby saw was a Fenix blasting at him. Hehe.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats for the baby...may it give you all the joyes of life,

you have contributed tone of the best flashlight stories my friend...

jezzyp

Enlightened
Its a girl.
Quite correct about the p1dce being a bit bright - Thats my edc.
We both have 2 stage L1Ps with a low low for checking the baby at night and for during the night feeds.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I can picture your daughter's 14th birthday party . . . . she's rolling her eyes after unsuccessfully trying to stop you from showing everyone that flashlight and telling the story for the eighty thousandth time. :naughty:

Oh and the batteries weren't charged on her Hover Nike tennis shoes with the HID headlights and LED tail lights.

Congrats and good job on the light use!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Maybe the P1D-CE should be your daughter's first "real" light along with the story of how the light helped her.

Congratulations!

Latest posts