Lumapower Incendio - WOW

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,

Before I start, I want thank Mattk @ BatteryJunction for the super fast shipping. I literally ordered this flashlight on Monday night, got an email on Tuesday saying that it was shipped, and I was surprised to receive it today. That's less than 2 days from the time I ordered to the time I started playing with it. Okay, enough of my academy award speech ...

I like to alternate my EDC flashlights (and my knives) to make life a little more interesting. I first learned about the Incendio from Ernsanda's review. Since Ernsanda has done a great job with his photos, I'm not going to duplicate his efforts.

I was very impressed with the Incendio. It's the smallest non-keychain flashlight I own to date.
* It measures a tad under 3.0" in length and 0.8" in diameter. It weighs a measly 1.6oz with battery.

* It has a flat tailstandable GITD forward clicky switch, which remembers your last setting (awesome!).

* It is powered by one CR123a or RCR123a (3v or 3.7v) battery.

* It only has three modes (no strobe or SOS), which are: high: 130 lumens (130 minutes) / medium: 40 lumens (9 hours) / low: 7 lumens (35 hours).

* Anti-reflective glass lense

* OP Textured reflector

* Unremovable pocket clip

Here's a size comparison with the Fenix L1d (right), Nitecore Defender Infinity (middle) and Incendio (right):

Fenix_NDI_INCENDIO.jpg

I found a nice spot to clip my Incendio on my Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack.

INCENDIO.jpg

Here's what I love about this light:
* Size and weight - very EDCable even if you put it in your front pocket
* Good combination of brightness and runtime
* Nice combination of throw and spill
* Option of using primary or secondary cells
* Simple 3 mode operation (I don't need all my flashlights to have strobe and SOS).
* Memory feature
* Tailstandability - note, the tailcap protrude just a tad when it's in the off position. However, once you turn on the light, it is flat for tailstanding.
* Knurling - makes it a little easier to hold for a flashlight this size
* FORWARD CLICKY!!!

Just nitpicking:
* I wish we have the option of removing the pocket clip. Also, the pocket clip feels pretty flimsy (I'm sure it'll hold up fine).
* Ultrafire 3.6v RCR123a does not fit into the tube (not really Incendio's fault). I'm waiting to get my AW RCR123a.
* No lanyard holes