G2 LED which revision

superduty

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what is the latest revision of the G2 LED. On the instruction cover it shows Revision...what is the latest?

Also, probably a dumb question, but is there a serial number on the G2 LED?

TIA

Jack

generic808

Enlightened
It now includes an aluminum bezel instead of the Nitrolon? But then again, the G2L always came with an Al bezel, right? :confused:

Last edited:

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
The G2L first came out with the plastic bezel then surefire switched over to Al because of heat and regulation issues. I can't tell you whether they have had a revision to the led in the P60L. I think it has always been the same, but I could be wrong.

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I take advantage of this thread to ask a question : I wondered if the yellow G2L has also an aluminum bezel ? Thanks !

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't believe I'm aware of a G2L-YL without its aluminium bezel. Only the G2L-BK's were first released without.

Note that the revision number in the manual is for the instruction manual which is not always updated at the same time (if ever) when the product is evolved.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing first-hand info Mike.

In this case it would be interesting to check whether the revision numbers of the instruction manuals are different [and it they relate to different versions of the G2L's]

germanshepherd

Newly Enlightened
not sure if this is considered a revision but as most are aware they also changed from the smooth reflector with frosted lens to a textured reflector and clear lens..

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe I'm aware of a G2L-YL without its aluminium bezel. Only the G2L-BK's were first released without.

I thought both the -BK and -YL G2Ls were both originally released (at the same time) with the nitrolon heads :confused: The G2L-YL was updated to aluminium later than the G2L-BK.

At the time a lot of CPFers seemed to be wondering if they could get a yellow aluminium bezel for their nitrolon G2Ls if they contacted SureFire, as people had been successful in getting aluminium replacement bezels for their G2L-BKs.

Regards,
Tempest

Latest posts