Why doesn't SF sell the 6PD strike bezel individually?

dmz

Enlightened
Why doesn't SF sell the 6PD strike bezel individually?

generic808

Enlightened
Because if they sold it seperately, no one would buy the 6PD Defender. They would just pop the PD bezel onto one of their existing 6P's, G2's, 9P's, etc. From Surefire's standpoint, it's strictly the bottomline. Smart if you ask me.

dmz

Enlightened
6PD also comes with a Z59 clicky tailcap. The Z59 clicky tailcap is sold separately from SF.

generic808

Enlightened
Because they charge $30+ for the tailcap, and everyone wants a clickie, so I guess they figured they would capitalize on the opportunity. Not everyone wants a strike bezel. :shrug:

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
would be nice if you could just order your own custom light...choose the head and/or lamp + body + tailcap!

That would be a phenominal (albeit very unlikely) idea. I'd get a defender head on a C2 green body w/ clickie tailcap and P61L module. Holy crap, with that sort of thing I'd buy a new SF every month :naughty::twothumbs:poof:

Yapo

Enlightened
and i think that would probably encourage other cheaper non-surefire custom parts being made which would decrease their profit even more

...ive been wondering...if u send an older non cree E1L/E2L for RMA would it get replaced by the new Cree model or would they have old stock to replace it with?

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
...ive been wondering...if u send an older non cree E1L/E2L for RMA would it get replaced by the new Cree model or would they have old stock to replace it with?

For a start just because something is sent back to SureFire does not mean a replacement will be sent. There is every chance that the original part will be repaired instead of replaced, if possible.

Even then, if it came to a replacement, I am sure there have plenty of "old" parts in stock for repairs of replacements.

In other words, there's no guarantee :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
Offering components individually requires an amount of stock of each item to be stored for long periods. Given the number of components SureFire makes this meant a large inventory taking up space, requiring organisation and locking up assets (capital).

This is fine for TailCaps for example because there is high demand for them for upgrades and also for SureFire to keep a stock for replacements etc.

I understand that SureFire have taken efforts to streamline their product range and the variety and quantity of components they need to keep for individual use and product support.

I also get the impression that SureFire would rather you purchased a whole flashlight rather than various components. Evidence for this is that SureFire does not offer flashlight bodies individually, and that it is often only a little more expensive to buy a whole flashlight than an LED bezel.

If SureFire were to offer a 'build-your-own' flashlight through a web-based step-by-step building/ordering system it would make a highly useful matrix for exploring which combinations worked and don't work.

SureFire used to offer this with their Classic WeaponLight range and when they moved to their Millennium Series they streamlined the options. The Classic WeaponLight system was often 'too much choice' and complicated because of it. I'm pretty certain that some Classic WeaponLight components were never photographed either as individual components or as part of a whole WeaponLight or as a WeaponLight mounted on a firearm.
This didn't help matters but I guess is understandable because some of these component were made to order.

Al