Conqueror M-C3

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
A new Conqueror M-C3 just arrived with me.. But i'm having some problems.
It doesn't work at all!
The switch is supposed to be momentary, so i figure the internal piece is supposed to "float", moving when the button is pressed and normally held away from the batteries by the included spring.
The internal piece of the switch doesn't move at all for me, and trying to screw or unscrew it does nothing. Just spins as if it's not in any threads.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Maybe i'm doing something stupid.

Bigsy

Enlightened
The movement in these switches is really minimal (I assume we are talking twist on/off, push momentary?) I have one and I cannot even feel it depress at all for momentary, but it does work.

Are the tail cap threads ok? I would try checking that the end of the batt tube has bare metal and screw it into the tailcap as hard as you can.

If that doesn't work sounds like something is amiss

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
Well here's my quandry:
The emitter end of the battery tube has a spring contact, and the internal part of the momentary switch has flat metal with a concave dimple.
This dimple won't make contact with the CR123a either way round.

I've managed to loosen the internal part of the switch so that it DOES move when i press the button.. But i'm not sure how it can activate without contacting the battery!

Bigsy

Enlightened
I'm confused.

The spring which is on the switch 'plate' should make contact with the battery, are you saying there is no spring?

When you push for momentary the 'plate' should make contact with the end of the battery tube to complete the circuit, the battery is always in contact with the plate.

Least this is how the switches like this have working in the past with me, maybe this is one is different.

EDIT: oh I see what you mean, no spring on tailcap but a nipple....hmm sounds like your batteries are vertically challenged.

Last edited:

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
Your explanation makes a lot of sense, i hadn't really considered the mechanism overall. But the problem persists.. Look at this:
dsc00025lk4.jpg

You can see the dimple there. I'm guessing the spring should be in there.. But there's no spring, and no way for one to be mounted anyway!

dinocol

Newly Enlightened
try taking out the reflector and smelling it. The one i received worked a while then burned out.. :( probably some qc issues.

Bigsy

Enlightened
There should definitely be a spring in there.

They aren't mounted as such, they are just pushed in really hard and the friction of the spring pushing 'outwards' keeps it in place. So they do have a habit of popping out. Which looks like what has happened here.

And just to back up the lack of QC on these I had to send a C1 back as the driver in the tailcap burnt out.

tinyblob

Newly Enlightened
Mystery solved!!

dsc00031vi6.jpg

What you can just about see there, is the positive contact spring... with another spring twisted into it!!

I twisted it out, and pushed it firmly into the recess in the tailcap. You're right, it did stay in (albeit a bit squint), and now the light works!

Thanks a lot :)

Tonight i'll be testing it against an MX Power CreeX3 and a Romisen RC-T5

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
MY guess is that MX power will be the winner in term of out put performance. Ill try to do some review this weekend if i cancel cruise party,

Reason i like M c3 is that its smaller and lighter than MX and T5

Enjoy your new light and lets blind random people on street :naughty::grin2:

Mystery solved!!

dsc00031vi6.jpg

What you can just about see there, is the positive contact spring... with another spring twisted into it!!

I twisted it out, and pushed it firmly into the recess in the tailcap. You're right, it did stay in (albeit a bit squint), and now the light works!

Thanks a lot :)

Tonight i'll be testing it against an MX Power CreeX3 and a Romisen RC-T5

Last edited: