Anyone try the WE R2 280 lumen drop-in?

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Im just curious as to if anyone has had any experience with the Wolf Eyes R2 280 lumen drop-ins. If so, what kind of beam pattern? Do they seem "that" bright? They sound awesome. My experience has been great with WE products and hope this is another winner.

Thanks,
PAUL

cchurchi

Enlightened
I'll let you know when mine arrive. I was already impressed with the Q2 stuff, not to mention the Q5.

yalskey

Enlightened
Yes, I have 2 of these drop-ins sitting in 2 Surefire 6PD's.

They are good, but not as impressive / bright as my Fenix TK10.

The beam pattern is slightly bigger and duller hot spot than the TK10. Overall, I think the 280 lumens is a bit optimistic. I'd say about 200 to 220 lumens or so.

I have the tactical modules with high and strobe. It works well... just not as impressive as I would have hoped for 280 lumens.

What else would you like to know?

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I don't think that WE actually offers a R2 drop in yet, from what i understand these drop ins aren't produced by Wolf Eyes, they are a PTS product. From the PTS site

Through a joint effort with ProLight Japan, PTS will be offering a limited supply of Cree R2 WC bin with Low VF drop-in LED modules. These chips were purchased direct and not supplied by Wolf Eyes. The R2 chips were sampled and tested in an independent lab with encouraging test results