Where can i buy a Nitecore Defender???

mad_flash

Newly Enlightened
The only place to buy that i can find is tadgear.com, but i heard it is on at least 3 month backorder. I do not want to wait that long so any help please.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with TAD Gear today. They expect delivery on the lights in about 2 weeks.

I checked Ebay today, and there was a Hong Kong dealer (Scope and Laser) there that has some now for sale. People have bought from this dealer and reported here a fairly positive experience with deliveries in as little as 10 days. Therefore, my guess is you will get the light quicker from Hong Kong than from TAD Gear. Not only has TAD Gear been late with their predictions in the past, the customer service rep said they have several back orders to fill and replacements to send out before they will be accepting more new orders.

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered from scopeandlaser and from hkequipment on ebay and they both went fine. I got my NDI from hkequipment, but their shipping was pretty slow. I ordered some other stuff from scopeandlaser and it arrive fairly quickly. You might want to give them a try.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine from hkequipment on eBay. It took about two weeks to arrive. From what I heard, most sellers from Hong Kong are terrible with email communications, so don't expect to hear much. They did, however, send me the tracking number when I asked them.

BigD64

Enlightened
I spoke with various peeps at TAD gear several times over the past 10-12 weeks they all said 2 weeks...........still waiting.:whistle:

yekim

Enlightened
I ordered from hkequipment on the 30th of march and still have not seen my light. No emails except for the one showing I won and they received payment. The scopeandlaser website had them for $68 and shipping but I did not find it until after I did a buy it now on ebay, and now I wish I had bought from them.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've bought an NDI from both scopeandlaser (SAL) and hkequipment (HKE).

-From hitting pay to receiving torch: SAL 5 business days vs HKE 7 business days
-SAL had $1 shipping vs $8 from HKE
-SAL were more communicative by email
-HKE's NDI came with a nice little ultrafire holster, SAL's was naked
-My SAL NDI had dodgy scratchy threads (not fixable), the HKE's were fine.

I'd have no problems ordering off either of them again. In fact as soon as NDI come up with a newer release I probably will :)

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from scopeandlaser on ebay.

Took 10 days.

All good!!!! :twothumbs

BTW, after not having any for a few days, scopeandlaser have more up for sale again.

I might get another 1-2 so you better be quick.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a teaser.

This is the first generation Nitecore Defender with the "dreaded" Strong Light warning on the bezel.

v023Small.jpg

Last edited:

Cheapskate

Enlightened
-My SAL NDI had dodgy scratchy threads (not fixable), the HKE's were fine.

I thought my NDI threads were stuffed too, but I made tool like a dentists pick and scoured the bottom of the threads in the head and it got the embedded grit out. After a clean and lube, it is now silky smooth.

tricker

Enlightened
I ordered from hkequipment on the 30th of march and still have not seen my light. No emails except for the one showing I won and they received payment. The scopeandlaser website had them for $68 and shipping but I did not find it until after I did a buy it now on ebay, and now I wish I had bought from them.

i wouldn't worry until its been a month....which is about how long mine took

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I thought my NDI threads were stuffed too, but I made tool like a dentists pick and scoured the bottom of the threads in the head and it got the embedded grit out. After a clean and lube, it is now silky smooth.

Thanks Cheapskate. Believe me I tried this and more. My threads are actually damaged - you can see burring on them. I think I just got a lemon, I bought another one and it's smooth and scratch free.