1xCR123A light for around $20. Ultrafire 602c?

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting a 2xCR123A Fenix P3D-CE Q5 which, to my knowledge, is probably the best light for it's size (I choose it over the 2xAA version because it is smaller and a bit brighter). I was planning to get a 1xCR123A tube for it and make it a P2D, but I learned that that won't work.

So, I want to buy my P3D a little brother! I'd like the light to be similar in performance to the P2D, but I don't want to spend $60 on it. I want to stick with the CR123A format. I've found some on DealExtreme. Please check this one out: Ultrafire 602c. Any good?

This is the only one with a Q5 Cree, which, to my knowledge, is the brightest LED for the runtime, right? I found this 6W light, but I really don't even know what 6 watts means performance-wise. For a complete list of the CR123A lights at DX, click here (just a search). I see different kinds of LEDs but only the Ultrafire 602c seems to meet my specifications. Anyone have it?

warlord

Enlightened
I think I just suggested that 602c to someone earlier today.:crazy:

Anyway when if you're going with a 1xCR123A it's a good idea to get one with multi-modes if you want to have a decent runtime. For that reason alone I wouldn't suggest that 6W. Also if it's a 6W luxeon I'm guessing it's probably a K2...

dardar

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the multimode. Why don't you check the market place? you can find p1d ce and p2d ce at around 35usd if you are lucky. Probably not q5 but still plenty of runtime and lumens.

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting a 2xCR123A Fenix P3D-CE Q5 which, to my knowledge, is probably the best light for it's size (I choose it over the 2xAA version because it is smaller and a bit brighter). I was planning to get a 1xCR123A tube for it and make it a P2D, but I learned that that won't work.

So, I want to buy my P3D a little brother! I'd like the light to be similar in performance to the P2D, but I don't want to spend $60 on it. I want to stick with the CR123A format. I've found some on DealExtreme. Please check this one out: Ultrafire 602c. Any good?

This is the only one with a Q5 Cree, which, to my knowledge, is the brightest LED for the runtime, right? I found this 6W light, but I really don't even know what 6 watts means performance-wise. For a complete list of the CR123A lights at DX, click here (just a search). I see different kinds of LEDs but only the Ultrafire 602c seems to meet my specifications. Anyone have it?

I have that Ultrafire 602. It is very bright on an RCR123A, but very dim on a CR123A primary. So it will depend on what you want to use it with. After the Ultrafire I bought a Romisen NC-R3 and it is very bright on a single CR123A primary; I'm happy with it. It also comes with an extension tube to run 2 x AAs if ever you want it. I think the other Romisen 1 x CR123A lights are very good also.

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I could look around for some used Fenix lights. I'd prefer to have a new product though. Thanks for the suggestion Dardar!

MichelKenny: you said it's dim on the rechargable CR123As? Hmm, that would mean that it's not regulated like the Fenixes then, right? I wanted to buy two lights and two lasers all with AAs, but since the selection is better with CR123As, I decided to go that route. I don't want to spend money on new batteries all the time, though, so I'm getting the rechargables.

I looked at the Romisen. In fact, I see quite a few decent small, cheap lights that will run on the CR123As. However, very few are Q5. I don't NEED the Q5, since I'm getting one with the P3D. In addition to the Romisen NC-R3, are there any others (1xCR123A) I should take a look at?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

michelkenny

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I could look around for some used Fenix lights. I'd prefer to have a new product though. Thanks for the suggestion Dardar!

MichelKenny: you said it's dim on the rechargable CR123As? Hmm, that would mean that it's not regulated like the Fenixes then, right? I wanted to buy two lights and two lasers all with AAs, but since the selection is better with CR123As, I decided to go that route. I don't want to spend money on new batteries all the time, though, so I'm getting the rechargables.

I looked at the Romisen. In fact, I see quite a few decent small, cheap lights that will run on the CR123As. However, very few are Q5. I don't NEED the Q5, since I'm getting one with the P3D. In addition to the Romisen NC-R3, are there any others (1xCR123A) I should take a look at?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

One thing that I forgot to mention about the Ultrafire 602 is that when using a protected RCR123A, the flashlight does not close all the way because of the protection; there is a gap of about 2-3mm.

In the Ultrafire thread, I was told that the RC-C3 was the brightest CR123A that the person had found so far. Not sure if it's any brighter than the RC-N3. I figured they were the same and got that one so I had the option of using 2 x AA, and it has a clicky and not twisty.

Last edited: