new surefire l5

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
i just got my new surefire l5 with the kl5a head and i was taking off the head and instead of the head coming loose the part that holds the glass in place came off now what should i do? just put it back on or should i put some lock tite on it so it dont come off again ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you like the beam tint and do not want to risk SureFire replacing the whole bezel, and if you don't think you'll need to use it routinely underwater then you may be better to seal the bezel rim back down yourself.

Otherwise I suggest you give SureFire a call.

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
i dont think i will ever use it under water, maybe in the rain sometimes, should i put locktite on it or just screw it back on

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to echo Size15s - if you are otherwise happy with the KL5A, then just seal it up with locktite. I doubt very much exposure to rain would cause any problems.

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
Depending on the temperature and humidity where you are you may consider ensuring that when you seal the bezel up that the humidity is low.
In the UK many houses have airing cupboards that are usually the warmest and driest locations - You may want to consider leaving the open KL5A in such a place overnight prior to sealing it if you live in a wet or humid location right now.

I'd be tempted to use a thread-lock rather than super glue in case I ever wanted to open the bezel back up again.