Tastes vary, but I think these are GREAT...

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a lot of cuisines, and like the great majority of them; but I just came across something I have to share. So I'm looking at some left over snacks and notice that there are some chili peanuts (peanuts with a lot of chili powder and spices on them from the local 99 cent store) sitting near some M&Ms. Sudden thought. I mix about 1/3 M&Ms with 2/3 chili peanuts.

Wooohh. Great. Get your own balance, but give them a try.

On another note, I also like to create my own sushi combinations at our local sushi buffet (Todai in Orange - :twothumbs). I get one of the california rolls, put a BIG dollop of wasabi on it, cover it with a piece of Ahi tuna, add soy sauce and then eat it all in a single bite (have large mouth..:green:). Heaven. I'd be laughing and crying and sniffling all at the same time. Then I make a second sushi with the leftover rice, their baked sea bass with cream sauce, more wasabi, and some teriyaki sauce.

My family is used to me at Todai, but we warn my new guests first... :crackup:

Anyone else have odd favorites?

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I'm a big fan of spiced peanuts and pine nuts. Every mexican grocer has a good selection. Also, trader joes has some spiced nuts, spiced chili dried mango, etc. Also, pretty easy to do at home - several easy recipes on the net. The other day I made candied spicy pecans destined for the dinner salad. They lasted all of 4 minutes once the family found them.

A new guilty pleasure I've found only at 7 elevens and gasoline station food outlets - Caramel Bugels!!!! Bet you can't eat just one:party:

Qoose

Enlightened
Funny story.

I was sitting in a food court finishing up the meal with an ice cream cone. There was hot sauce on the table :naughty:. My friend looks over and asks, "What are you, pregnant?".

Sadly, hot stuff and sweet dairy products cancel each other out.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peanut butter and American chees on a saltine.

And add a half cup of chicken broth to the next batch of alfredo sauce you make.