Mag 5761 lights up bear!

nightstalker101

Enlightened
We've had this bear in our backyard eating bird seed the night befor and the following night we saw it and I got to use my 2C mag with a 5761 bulb.

IMG_2032.jpg

nightstalker101

Enlightened
He didn't respond to the light at all, we then banged on the window to try to scare it off but it didn't respond. It then wondered up to the house and saw us and then ran off.

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
If the bear reacts by pulling a Mag623 on you, better lock the doors and call Animal Control.

(But don't call Animal Control if the bear is willing to become a member of CPF)

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the bear reacts by pulling a Mag623 on you, better lock the doors and call Animal Control.

(But don't call Animal Control if the bear is willing to become a member of CPF)

:lolsign::crackup:

great pic and of course great light too! :D

nbp

Flashaholic
Hmm, I didn't realize we had bears in wausau. I have friends that live there, and have deer hunted in the area. EEK! I guess I'm not surprised, but I just never thought about it. But if there can be cougars in chicago, then anything is possible. I wish I had a bear in MY yard I could shine flashlights at. :mecry:

nightstalker101

Enlightened
just curiosity...
are you using a MOP reflector?

Its a Medium Stipple I got from Light-edge when they were still selling them. I believe its one of Litho's. I've been thinking about buying one of the KD smooth reflectors to get more throw if I would want/need it.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked that because I noticed a very good sidespill that allows you to see a lot of things!
I really like that beam...:thumbsup:
I'd say a great light another time:grin2:

missionaryman

Enlightened
the wildest thing I've ever shone my 5761 at is a huntsman spider - I wish we had proper animals in Australia.
I guess the 5m crocs are proper animals, and the great whites, I'll see if I can find one of either and do a series of beamshots on it.