EDC'ing my L0D RB80 natural

jerry i h

Enlightened
1) I only have an old Konica APS camera, so I cannot supply beamshots or anything else :hairpull:.
2) since both the natural finish and RB80 are no longer available, I just never bothered to think about it. However, this thing has performed so admirably, I decided to submit this review.

First, the finish is rather remarkable. This has been on my keychain daily since Thanksgiving. Yet, if you look at about a few inches away, it looks just as good as new. There are only a couple of gouges, one large and a couple of smaller ones, on the bezel, that gives the game away. It is only when you hold it under a desk lamp and use reading glasses do you see scratches, gouges, cuts, etc. The secret is that the color of the metal underneath the HA is very close to the HA color. So, scratches are almost invisible. Clever, eh? The color sort of reminds me of champagne or champagne gold you sometimes see on kitchen tools and appliances (uh, someone who knows these things is shaking her head; OK, whatever).

The RB80 is also fantastic. I realize they have been recalled, but I have never had problems with mine. I do not have a Q4 to compare, but the Rebel has a hotspot and spill light similar to standard, *nergizer 2D contractor's yellow flashlight or even a M*g 2D with the stock krypton bulb but with somewhat less throw. I bought Eneloop AAA and lithium AAA (all my torches are AA, and have a good supply, but no AAA), figuring I would burn through batts, since I use daily at work. Well, I was still on the included alky for 2 months before I got impatient and used the Lithium :grin2:. So, I am only on my second batt in 5 months.

On both counts :twothumbs. Too bad you cannot get them anymore :sigh:.

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
L0D_orange.jpg

;)

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
How about a rubber cover (on new ac units theres always a boot cover for high and low side lines)to protect lens and tail(teeth grip on tail...if you still have good chompers)...hmmm:thinking::poof:

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
I, too, have had great service from my Natural AAA RB80.

However, many months ago I made one easy modification: I installed a natural EO battery casing in place of the RB80 casing. It makes a slightly lighter and thinner carry on my keychain.

Like someone stated above. Wear and scratches on the natural Fenix finishes are hard to detect as the aluminum color is so close to the natural finish: it was my FAVORITE finish ---the hands down winner in my book!!!!!!

FENIX ARE YOU LISTENING: PLEASE RESUME THE ¨natural finish¨, it helped hide wear & tear and scrathes so nicely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Fenix for making such great LED lights.

Shine on Fenix !!!!!!!

Last edited: