Tiablo MA6 problems

incywincyspider

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I just received my Tiablo MA6 in the mail today! I have to say, it's darn bright! I'm impressed! But I was running it on an uncharged 17670 from DX, because I was too hyped up to wait for it to charge. Anyways, I tried 2 RCR123A's on it and there was no light. I suspect there was no charge or the voltage was too low, since the cells are protected. But indeed, I was unable to screw on the normal light switch.

I thought of changing the swith to the Forward Tactical Switch, at the same time, to change the rubber tailcap to the GITD one. But somehow I couldn't remove the current switch. I do not dare to force it in case something broke.

The same goes for the SMO reflector. Wouldn't budge when I wanted to try on the OP reflector. Haha! Anything I can do without damaging the light?

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
When using the multi-mode switch the batteries must be 4.0V each or less (make sure the voltage is matched) or the lights' protection circuit kicks in. It will only allow up to 8.0v. Two fully charged RCR123's will be around 8.4v. The forward switch does not have this limitation.
Don't be afraid to crank on the switch or reflector retaining ring if you are using sharp tweezers (or something comparable) with a point in each hole (slots for tail switch). They are tightened down nice and snug.
I love this light with the forward switch and OP reflector.

incywincyspider

Newly Enlightened
Oh cool! I managed to twist the switch open using a pair of sharp tweezers. Changed to the GITD button and forward tactical. Thanks LEDdicted!

Hmm... got one problem though. Tell me if I assumed wrong. I used 2 RCR123As with the forward tactical switch, but the light doesn't light up at all. Afraid that I got a faulty switch, I swapped and used 1 17670 instead, and it lighted up well and good, though I had to tighten it all the way and THEN loosen about half a turn before it'll light up. So that means I have faulty RCR123A's from DX right?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your switch is fine. If you want to use the MA6 with 2x3.6v rcr123a's, you need to use the forward single level switch. The multi-level switch works with 123a primaries or 17670's.... not rcr123a's. Too much voltage.

incywincyspider

Newly Enlightened
Is there any RCR123A's that will fit in my MA6 and light it up, and be protected as well? Coz so far the 4 protected RCR's I got from DX are slightly too long to fit in so that the tailcap is flush with the body tube. Quite annoying. Using 17670's for now...