Jetbeam Pro 1 R2

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I received my Jet 1 Pro R2 flashlight yesterday and noticed that the reflector it came with was OP and not Smooth like all the reviews explained earlier and was wondering whether the new batch comes with a OP reflector.

And one more thing the lens is a little smoky, so does anyone know how to open the reflector part because the bezel is recessed and I need to clean the lens. Thanks for the help.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
You'll have to remove the brass ring at the bezel. I removed mine with a spanner wrench or you can use pliers if you're carefull, but use the pliers on the inside recessed grooves and spread the plier tips/ends carefully as you do not want it to slip out and scratch your light. Do this at your own risk, but its not difficult at all. Mine wasn't on super tight, but just enough to compress the O ring underneath the glass. On mine, it was arranged with the brass ring, lens, and then a thick clear o ring. No O ring between the ring and glass! Wahtever you do, don't touch the reflector itself. Use compressed air to blow lint and dust off. Hope this helps.

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks greenpea76, will try out your method carefully and see if it budges.

fluke

Enlightened
I received my Jet 1 Pro R2 flashlight yesterday and noticed that the reflector it came with was OP and not Smooth like all the reviews explained earlier and was wondering whether the new batch comes with a OP reflector.

And one more thing the lens is a little smoky, so does anyone know how to open the reflector part because the bezel is recessed and I need to clean the lens. Thanks for the help.

May I ask where you got your Jet I ??

I ordered one this week and I am expecting a smooth reflector, as I need a 1AA pocket thrower.