Will Inova X5 handle rechargeables?

flip

Enlightened
I just picked up one of the cheap Inova X5 lights at Target ( thanks for the tip guys!). Will it take rechargeables okay? Even if was cheap, I don't want to fry it.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's direct drive, so I'm going to say no. I put two 3.7v rcr123s in mine just to see what happened. It didn't go :poof:, but it was very very bright, and I have no doubt that if I continued to use those cells they would have caused damage.

e2x2e

Enlightened
I can't answer your question(although it looks like it has already been answered), but I do have a question: How much was the X5 at Target?

Bolek

Enlightened
I just picked up one of the cheap Inova X5 lights at Target ( thanks for the tip guys!). Will it take rechargeables okay? Even if was cheap, I don't want to fry it.
Inova X5 as many others 2*123 Inowa taks unprotected 17500, my protected don't fit. I use batteries from an old laptop PC batterie pack.:thumbsup:

flip

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I picked up the last one I could find in the Gastonia, NC Target for $8.74 plus tax. It had no mark down sticker and no info would come up when I scanned it one one of the price scanners that are beside the shelves in the store. A worker scanned it with her hand held scanner and it came up with the sale price.

From what I've read, only the grey ones are on sale. I told a friend in Ohio about them and he bought some also. He said there were no mark down stickers on the grey ones there but he scanned all of them and the grey ones were on clearance.

e2x2e

Enlightened
Yea that sounds awesome(the price). I'd run over to Target but my bike is outta commission :(