Novatac tints

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
I just got a 120p to see if it's brighter enough than my 85p to justify the extra expense. Will decide after dark.

One thing I noticed though is that in comparing the tints, they're both very white, but the 120p seems slightly pinker, the 85p slightly greener.

I got my 85p four months ago or so. Has anyone else noticed this? Which would be better for outdoor use?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I have 2 120Ps, one has a very neutral beam, the other slightly pink.

A slightly greener tint will give you slightly better colour rendition of vegetation and grass. OTOH, people tend to notice a greenish tint indoors.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all a matter of preference.

One of my 120P's has a a warm salmon colored tint and it's the one
preferred for hiking. Another has a nice white tint and that one is the
choice for barn chores and such. I personally have a great dislike for
green tints for any use, YMMV.

HankEr

Newly Enlightened
Brightness 85 vs. 120

I just got a 120p to see if it's brighter enough than my 85p to justify the extra expense. Will decide after dark.
Hello candlelight001, any findings by now? Is the 120p significant brighter than the 85p?

Last edited:

candlelight001

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, definitely you can see difference. You can tell that its brighter indoors or at a short distance outdoors, but it doesn't matter, as the 85 is bright enough, you don't gain any detail with the 120p. Outdoors at a distance, the 120 is somewhat brighter for lighting things up... whether it's enough to justify the cost, I'm not sure... I'm gonna keep the 120 b/c it has a somewhat warmer tint than my 85p, but all other things being equal, 85p is a better value in my book.