• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2 lights up for sale SOLD!!

beetleguise

Enlightened
SOLD! To the new guy at work, it was a price drop for a new flashoholic, plus a cheap charging set up thrown in.

Turnkey m*g11, brand new black host, aluminum OP cammed reflector, glass lens, brass bi-pin adapter, 2 used AW lithium protected c cells, 1 used WA1111 bulb. $110.00 shipped. Price drop $100.00

***SOLD to nikon***
Custom M*g by the legendary Donshock: purple 2c, Luxeon 5watt LED, green glowpowder around led, driver, heatsink, ring extender, 2 used AW protected 18650's. $50.00 shipped. (an excellent light for people who want to start modding LEDs and need to see how it is done!)
DSCI2288.jpg

DSCI2290.jpg

Left, m*g11, right Luxeon, the flood of the mag 11 lights up the whole garage and dwarfs the output of the lux! I used the mag 11 for the last 6 months inspecting aircraft at night. This is an excellent work light. The Lux is an excellent indoor light- I used it as a things that go bump in the night light. I am only parting with these to fund new projects and get rid of lights no longer in everyday use.

Last edited:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2 lights up for sale

Does the M*g11 start the bulb on the first click (not tripping the protection on the batteries)? Did you have any issues with flashing the bulb when the batteries are hot off the charger? I ask because LuxLuthor's bulb tests show the bulb will flash at 8.3V, two fully charged Li-Ion should have ~8.4V (assuming you're using an 1111 bulb).

beetleguise

Enlightened
Re: 2 lights up for sale

Does the M*g11 start the bulb on the first click (not tripping the protection on the batteries)? Did you have any issues with flashing the bulb when the batteries are hot off the charger? I ask because LuxLuthor's bulb tests show the bulb will flash at 8.3V, two fully charged Li-Ion should have ~8.4V (assuming you're using an 1111 bulb).
No problems at all. I used to run the Philips 5761, but that destroyed my batteries. I had over discharge issues even though I was using a soft start incan smartdriver. I switched over to the WA1111 bulb and I took out the incan smartdriver, and I havn't had a problem since. This was my everyday worklight until last week. I really wanted the M*g 61, so I built one using two protected "D" lithiums and an incan smart driver. So far, no over-discharge problems, and the runtime is pretty good. In six months with no soft start, I have only blown one WA1111 bulb. The bulb that is in this light has been in use for about a month, so there should be some life in it. My charger only charges to 4.1v, instead of 4.2, so that may be the reason for the long life of the bulbs. Charging to 4.1 is easier on the batteries as well. The reason for the brand new host is that I have set the light down on the ground a lot, and the old host was pretty banged up.

Last edited: