Fenix loD-Ceb

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
The one I have is a lot brighter with a lithium non rechargeable compared to alkalines. I think I read somewhere it is running unregulated on high. If I use it on high for a long time, should I be worried about the battery or the light being damaged? Fenix says lithium is OK and does not say anything else about it. I have to assume that means it's OK. Any owners with first hand experience doing this?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Alkalines are not a very good choice for the LOD. L92 lithium are an excellent choice, and you will not hurt the light.

Yapo

Enlightened
yep they should be fine...alot of people use 3.7V li-ion rechargables in it fine although i dont think its recommended because the light heats up very fast but its also alot brighter...so 1.5V lithiums should be nothing to worry about

Last edited:

cv3po

Banned
Yup, the input voltage for the LOD Q4 is .8-3.3V. The 1.7 from a fresh lithium energizer is absolutely safe for this light. In fact, I've found that the ideal power source for the LOD Q4 head is the body of a Streamlight Stylus Pro. This is a 2-AAA light with a forward clicky that accepts the LOD head. The 3V provided are PERFECT for the LOD Q4 and with the forward clicky you have momentary as well as one-handed constant on. Either way it's a fantastic light!

servito

Newly Enlightened
I guess that when people refer to 1.5V lithium, those are not rechargeable, are they?

I'd like that nobody used non rechargeable batteries, so they turn so fast into waste, so many waste we are producing that could be avoided using Ni-Mh.

That was my point :D and wish everybody did the same.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Ive used energizer lithiums in my l0d q4 till they went flat with no ill efects.
Now i use rechargables cause there cheaper.