Someone stop my LED buying spree!!!

yalskey

Enlightened
Just in the last few days, I've bought the following:

1. The DealExtreme P7

2. Fenix TK10 (picked this one up for like $63 with free shipping from Pocket Sunshine)

3. Two Surefire 6p Defenders.

4. Two Wolf Eyes R2 280 Lumen tactical drop-ins.

I plan on putting the R2 drop-ins inside the 6p defenders. I'll give one of these to my wife, and I'll have one for the car. Pretty much one of the best self-defense setups I'd say. Well, as far as a flashlight is concerned... don't worry, I have no delusions about flashlights for self-defense, so let's not go there. :)

Someone stop me!!!

Last edited:

bspofford

Enlightened
Yalskey, Just give me your wife's e-mail address, and I'll invite her to read this thread. Someone will then stop you! :scowl:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
last couple of days I bought:

Jetbeam Jet-III Pro
Novatac 120P
Lumapower Incendio

At first I thought to myself, "all I need is one high quality flashlight for EDC and I'm done.". But now I know there's no hope.

Saiga

Enlightened
Fear not,though it is in fact impossible to quit ( yep,i seen it on "snopes" ) , it is possible to "cut back". At least for a while.Why,i myself posted a vaguely similar thread not too many months ago,and was pretty much told
"don't even think about it". But we're a full third of the way through the year, and i've only bought two lights this year, and one ( a LM31) was to replace one that i lost,so that doesn't even count. And the other was the new Surefire E1L with the new two stage switch and extra long runtime. And that's so friggin' cool, i mean i just HAD to get that,right? It don't even really count,either, that one's kind of a gimme,right? Looks like i'm pretty much in a holding pattern, so no worries,mate !!;)

zip

Newly Enlightened
My name is Zip and I am a Flashaholic.:eek:

It all started as a small child.
My Father had a chess game, and the white pieces glowed in the dark.
I would sneak a Rook or a few Pawns off to bed and play with them under the covers.

As my addiction grew, I started capturing and mutilating hundreds, if not thousands of Lighting bugs/Fireflies for their incandescent glow.
They may now be endangered.:shakehead

In my early teens I tried putting 2 cell bulbs in 3 cell flashlights. (You may consider this my first modification.)

Around sixteen, I ordered my first real 6 cell flashlight which boasted 1,000,000 CP.
One summer night, myself and a few buddies decided to shine it at a large low flying plane.
The plain must have turned on its landing lights or some sort of light that lit up the whole neighborhood.
Everyone immediately ran home yelling "It wasn't me".
Not me....... I just stood there with my mouth open wishing I had a light like THAT.

To Date.
This week I ordered a Dereelight DBS V2 w/ 1S Cree XR-E WC Q5; and a Wolf Eyes STORM Cree R2.

So.... Don't Stop, Don't Quit, Don't Cut Back.

Live it up!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened
well i think the best thing u can do is get as far away from this forum as possible...go away on a holiday...come back maybe once a year to check up on whats new/best buy and upgrade the light/s you use the most...

but since cree's have come out i must admit it has made it harder to resist...but i've found after buyin a few lights from DX/KD none of their light i've bought has gotten more than a few months before i get bored of them...its better to pay a little more for a better brand with better quality that'll keep you happy for a year or more!

I think the lights you ordered should last you a good few years and its probably better to buy a few lights at once and keep you very happy instead of getting 1 ever few weeks...your surefires w/ droppins probably won't ever need upgrading!

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone stop me!!!

OK, here goes. The following is fiction only.....

Your tax return was flagged for review. The IRS wants to know how you are able to afford all these lights. You receive a written notice from the IRS for an explanation. The IRS says they may need to audit your finances for the last 5 years. They will ask for further clarification before deciding on an actual audit.

Your choice is simple. Stop buying all these lights, or face a visit from the tax man someday soon. :ohgeez:

Disclaimer: any reference to the IRS, its agents, or anyone who looks like them, living or dead, is purely coincidental. So don't audit me :D

1 what

Enlightened
Have you heard the diet theory that the cals dont count if they dont taste good? Maybe the lights dont count if you dont turn them on.

No - Thats stupid.

Jay T

Enlightened
Have a Malkoff?

Have any Ostar lights?

Multi emitter lights? Seoul and Cree?

Get busy you are falling behind!