Need flashlight sheath that will not scratch up the finish on my Surefire 6P

dmz

Enlightened
Can you recommend a flashlight sheath that will not scratch up the finish on my Surefire 6P? I'm not looking for a tight fitting retention holster like the Surefire holsters. How are the ripoff flashlight sheaths? Can the metal clip be removed from the ripoff flashlight sheaths?

Ripoff flashlight sheaths
http://ripoffs.com/flashpage/flashpage.html

Last edited:

dmz

Enlightened
Re: What is the best holster/sheath for a SF 6PD?

I'm not looking for a tight fitting retention holster like the Surefire holsters. How are the ripoff flashlight sheaths? Can the metal clip be removed from the ripoff flashlight sheaths?

CallMeDave

Newly Enlightened
Can the metal clip be removed from the ripoff flashlight sheaths?
Sure, you could un-stitch the faux-leather panel that holds the clip against the back side of the case. IMHO the metal clip is the best thing about ripoff products. But if you don't want to have a stiff clip, all their products can be ordered with a soft nylon belt-loop instead.

TXPeaceOfficer

Newly Enlightened
I would say just use it. Not like it is going to rust or anything. Besides, once you put the first good scratch on it (a certainty anyway if you carry it) what difference does it make?
Buy another one to be your safe queen/collectible and use the one you have.

Some of my favorite and most trusted lights have scratches all over them from being lovingly used and abused. They definitely would have more tales to tell if they could speak than one in pristine condition.

dmz

Enlightened
I have flashlights with scratches which I edc but I prefer less scratches. If I was really in to scratches I would just buy beat up flashlights on ebay for less instead of ever buying new ones.

TXPeaceOfficer

Newly Enlightened
Well, a small Crown Royal bag would be a cheap, and fun, interim solution so you can carry the light.

Some of the multi-tools I've seen with nylon sheaths would probably work, the sheath that is. I don't think they tend to have metal clips on them either. I'm guessing you want to carry this inside a pocket?

dmz

Enlightened
I have scratched edcs but I prefer the clean look. Check out GenEric808's polished 6P. His work is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish SF would come out with a stainless steel 6P but I know it won't happen.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=177811

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho....php?p=2150175

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=194861

I'm going to polish up a 6P to have the stainless steel look. So far the ripoff flashlight sheaths look like the best bet to house a polished 6P. I would like to hear from those who have the ripoff flashlight sheaths. Thanks.

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I made the mistake of placing my 6P in my V70 speed holster...instant scratches on the tailcap grip...in fact the grip is almost silver now due to the fact that I didn't bother buying another holster.

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
A lot of the better holster makers offer a leather holster for the 6P. Two of the better ones that come to mind are Lou Alessi and Milt Sparks. They're not cheap but will last a lifetime and just reak of quality.

dougie

Enlightened
A second vote for the Maxpedition pouch. Extremely durable without a risk of damaging the 6P's anodizing.

Doug

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted in a EDCF thread, even though I have worn the logo off the front of my NiteIze PockIts, it hasn't scratched my trusty old 6P in many years of carrying it and it still has lots of room for carrying other things.