Malkoff help???

dano101

Enlightened
I already messaged Gene on this, but i cant wait for a message back cuz i need my M60 tonite. I went to use it and its only putting out an extremely faint glow... like in the under 5 lumen amount.

Ive tried every combination of host, battery (17670, cr123, rcr123) all fresh and nothing more than 5 lumen. Ive even tried removing the host head and just running the bare drop in... nothing... :(

This isnt a knock on Malkoff quality... its simply probably me being a moron and overlooking the obvious.

Any help??

Dano

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Do you have another host to try it in? Sorry just read that you tried that.There really is not much you can do wrong.If you have tried new hosts and new cells it just might be the drop in itself best to let gene know

Last edited:

dano101

Enlightened
i dont, but ive tried 4 different tailcaps and same issue... i took the head off my 6p to ensure it wasnt a contact issue, the m60 is making alot of contact with the battery, so its not that.

dano101

Enlightened
ive used freshly charged AW RCR123's, an AW 17670, 2 Surefire CR123's, and 2 Streamlight CR123's. They were all ZTS tested and charged full.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
No matter how the contacts are I'm not sure you would get a 5LM glow.Take the head right off push the M60 down and than hit the tail switch.See what happens.Is there a large gap when you push the M60 down?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I see you had a bog drop in if you still have that try that in your host again?

dano101

Enlightened
theres a small gap(1-2mm, but theres a small glow when i simply rest the m60 in place with the head off, which is the same as when i push the drop-in down)

dano101

Enlightened
well its not too important, i was just going on an rcmp ride along with a few buddies and they are all running BOG Q5's and kinda have qa small bit of jealousy for the M60.

So is it important? yes... could i easily use my BOG Q5 or solarforce R2? probably and sadly yes. :(

precisionworks

Flashaholic
you're sure the cells are good right?

One night, my M60/6P went from 250l to 2l, in nothing flat. Turned out that one of my two batts picked that time to die (brand new Tenergy's, FWIW). Installed two new Surefire CR123's and all was well.

If you have a pair of new primaries, it's worth a try.

gnef

Enlightened
have you tried applying voltage directly to the contacts on the drop in? you could maybe use magnets/wires to attach to a li-ion battery, then touch the other ends of the wires to the drop in. this should give you a pretty good idea if it is the drop in or the host. can you unscrew the drop-in any to see if anything is loose?

roymail

Enlightened
Using the same batteries and host, put the BOG back in... of course, it should immediately light up.

I always like to try and duplicate the problem using other parts. If there's no problem using the BOG, get in touch with Gene. Sounds like you've made a reasonable effort to resolve the issue yourself. I wouldn't go any further without getting some help from GM.

Oh, and be sure to let us know the outcome. :grin2:

Gene43

Enlightened
I just sent a PM. I will personally see that this is taken care of. Either a replacement sent ASAP or money refunded, your choice.

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

dano101

Enlightened
PM sent back to Gene. I could never ask for a refund for such a fine product. Ill courier the drop-in back to you on Monday.

Looking on these forums there has been about 5,000 positive things said about the M60 and 1 or 2 bad (usually only people who didnt like spending the cash or that got in trouble with their spouses for buying it).

Ill eagerly await a replacement :)

roymail

Enlightened
I just sent a PM. I will personally see that this is taken care of. Either a replacement sent ASAP or money refunded, your choice.

Thanks, Gene Malkoff
Customer service...it just doesn't get much better than this!

Made (hand-made) in the USA, quality engineering & craftsmanship, customer service with a personal touch... you definitely get what you pay for from Gene.

dano101, great response. Hope you get it soon. :thumbsup:

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
I got kind of lost...could be the RCR123's you used in it. You did mention that right? this is one of those threads it is easy to get lost on....