Budweiser and Clamato?

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I went to the store the other day to pick up some beer, and glanced at something that looked like Budweiser and Clamato. At first, I thought, no way...Bud and Clamato? Things that make you go "Buhhh"

So I got what I came for and looked a second time, and sure enough, Budweiser has a new "Blend". Clamato and Budweiser. Even comes in Light.

This sounds just totally nasty to me....anybody tried it? Have opinions?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I've observed beer + tomato juice while visiting the Midwest. (Iowa.) I like U.S. Clamato and damn if I can remember the name of the cocktail We used to drink in the morning for hangover-abatement on desert campouts but it involved Vodca or tequila plus clamato plus horseradish + worsterchire sauce.

Clamato in my local market is made in Mexico and IMO is inferior (taste-wise) to the U.S.A product from New York, which I can buy by the case at Smart and Final!

I like Clamato! (Haven't tried it mixed with a beer.)

Larry

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I've observed beer + tomato juice while visiting the Midwest. (Iowa.) I like U.S. Clamato and damn if I can remember the name of the cocktail We used to drink in the morning for hangover-abatement on desert campouts but it involved Vodca or tequila plus clamato plus horseradish + worsterchire sauce.

Clamato in my local market is made in Mexico and IMO is inferior (taste-wise) to the U.S.A product from New York, which I can buy by the case at Smart and Final!

I like Clamato! (Haven't tried it mixed with a beer.)

Larry

I'm too afraid to try the combination. Never tried Clamato.

ackbar

Enlightened

The drink you are thinking of is a ceasar. It is vodka and not tequila.

Beer plus clamato is called redeye btw.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the store the other day to pick up some beer, and glanced at something that looked like Budweiser and Clamato. At first, I thought, no way...Bud and Clamato? Things that make you go "Buhhh"

DUDE... I only heard of this about a year ago. I had a reunion with some college buddies in Portland, OR, and we of course ended up in a strip club for the evening, imbibing "more than a reasonable amount."

The next day we were all hung over and went to a greasy spoon type place for breakfast. My friend ordered a Bud and Clamato. I nearly vomited right there on the spot. But my buddy claim(ato)ed that it was the best cure for a hangover.

I'm shaking my head as I type it.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I've tried beer and tomato juice, beer and Clamato, and Beer and V8. I add some Tabasco to all of them and Worcestershire to beer and tomato juice. They are all good and don't seem so filling when you drink two or three.

Bill

DaveG

Enlightened
My brother started drinking beer and tomato juice when he was in the service.As said,its seems to be a A.M. drink after a tough night out. I never aquired a taste for it.