• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3 Laser Engraved 3D M@g Available

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laser Engraved 3D M@g (None Available)

I have decided to withdraw the last three lites, parts are on the way for other projects. Thanks for the sales!

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

The price for engraved M@g's is $49 plus actual shipping cost.

The shipping weight is 1 lb. 7 oz. You can calculate the shipping by going to USPS.com.

1) Blue (Available)
2) Green (Available)
3) Black (Available)
4) Red sold FILIPPO "Filippo's Mag100"
5) Purple sold Greg G "Built by Greg G"
6) Red sold ledaholic
7) Red sold ledaholic

Last edited:

Greg G

Enlightened
Re: Interest Thread, Laser Engraved M@g

Count me in for one. Purple is first choice.

Edit: Second choice would be blue, if its easier to get.

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow!

interested in one!
I am not sure which color....maybe RED

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm working on getting those colors, but I'm not sure I can get them, so don't be mad if they are all blue or red. (easiest to find) The green and purple may be tough.

If anyone knows where I can find new M@g's in the Display Box (easier to open, ship, etc.) let me know. The part numbers are:

S3D115 Boxed 3D Cell Flashlight Blue
S3D395 Boxed 3D Cell Flashlight Dark Green
S3D015 Boxed 3D Cell Flashlight Black
S3D035 Boxed 3D Cell Flashlight Red
S3D985 Boxed 3D Cell Flashlight Purple

If I can get them all from one place, I may get a price break.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

What would help this move? Different size 2D? Different design, tribal art, barbed wire? Cost too high? Would it help if I had 5 to sell now?

I need some help here!

donn_

Flashaholic

I'd be more interested if you offered custom engraving of owner-supplied lights. I'd probably send in HAIII plated hosts with custom millwork and head-finning.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be more interested if you offered custom engraving of owner-supplied lights. I'd probably send in HAIII plated hosts with custom millwork and head-finning.

Same here, I've got a light i'd like engraved. on the outside it's a 100% stock looking pewter 3D mag.

Shane

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

@ donn_
I was trying to keep the cost down because custom engraving would require a setup fee. The artwork you supply would have to be vectored, sized, and laid out etc, and I don't do that myself. I'm sure I could have it done, but the price would be more in the $75 range.

@ Hallis
Your 3D m@g with the design that I already set up would be roughly $25 since it is already set up. I don't know how much it would stand out on pewter, I don't think he ever did one, but the MAG-LITE words and logo around the head are done this way, so you can be the judge.

@ FILIPPO
I don't have any now, but if I don't get more interest, maybe I'll just pick up a few locally and have them done for the guys patiently waiting.

copperfox

Enlightened

Aircraft, I'm a bit confused.

Is this run for customer-supplied graphics to be engraved, or a pattern that you have already picked out (like the light shown)?

What exactly is the set-up fee for, the particular body configuration of the maglite? How much is it?

What color engraving, just white?

If it helps, I'm good with CorelDraw.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aircraft, I'm a bit confused.

Is this run for customer-supplied graphics to be engraved, or a pattern that you have already picked out (like the light shown)?

What exactly is the set-up fee for, the particular body configuration of the maglite? How much is it?

What color engraving, just white?

If it helps, I'm good with CorelDraw.

I wanted to do a run with the graphics shown since it is already setup and tested, hence no set up fee, just the cost for the run and light.

If I have to make any changes, artwork, flashlight type, length, diameter, etc., then I have to have a new file set up and the extra charge. The one shown is for a 3D. I paid $30 for this setup since I used a preexisting file and only changed the logo and the shadow of the flames. I'll check on the price of an entirely new setup.

All the engraving is as shown, the laser burns off the anodizing and you are left with bare aluminum which turns white due to oxidizing. It should always stay this way. There is different levels which it is burned.

I believe that if someone knows how to set up a vector file in Corel and knows how to lay it out properly for a light, I would not have to pay for setup, but I'll have to check on this since someone could send me something that will not work with the machine, and produce garbage results.

X_Marine

Enlightened

Looks good Matt..

Like I said, I'll be happy to help out. I have over 20yrs experience with Corel Draw and vectorizing art is my cup of tea. :tinfoil:

If anyone has some ideas or artwork they think might be acceptable for the crowd please post emm up.

Thanks
X/BillyD..

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

@ FILIPPO

@ Greg G

PM sent

I currently have 7 new boxed 3D on the way to me, I should have them complete around May 7th.

1) Blue (Available)
2) Green (Available)
3) Black (Available)
6) Red sold ledaholic
7) Red sold ledaholic

Last edited:

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use and create vector graphics all the time. I use mostly Macromedia (now Adobe) freehand.

Also, if anyone has a graphic that is not a vector, then in adobe flash there is a feature called "trace bitmap." With that feature it will convert a graphic into a vector graphic.

I would be willing to help out if needed...

ledaholic

Enlightened

AC, I'd like a red if you could swing it!
*Edit*
Actually, I'll take a couple. IF you can swing it, maybe I'll gather up Donshock and we can meet somewhere for a mini get-together.

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Laser Engraved 3D M@g

I currently have 7 new boxed 3D on the way to me, I should have them complete around May 7th.

1) Blue (Available)
2) Green (Available)
3) Black (Available)
6) Red sold ledaholic
7) Red sold ledaholic

Last edited:

mazingerz9

Newly Enlightened
Re: (AVAILABLE) Laser Engraved 3D M@g

I know Adobe Illustrator CS3 but I don't know about mapping the artwork around a cylinder to create something uniform/seamless.

And most artwork traced and created in Illustrator have a cartoon look. Sure you can have complex vectors but it's really taxing to the CPU, not to mention it's size (which is almost equal to it's rasterize counter part).

Maybe I'll get back to this on a later date.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (AVAILABLE) Laser Engraved 3D M@g

UPDATE:

The Torches arrived today, They will be in the Engravers hands tomorrow!
click for larger picture

click for larger picture

IMG_6331-1.jpg

IMG_6332FLames-1.jpg