Inova yellow beam? T-2 questions

Irishsentry

Newly Enlightened
I recently have bought quite a few lights, looking for that one or two that are "perfect for what I need."

I always liked Inova in the past, but on my new MP-T2 the beam is yellow.

1.) is this a "warm beam" or a "cold beam"

2.) is this normal when compared to Surefires powered by Malkoff? Does it just LOOK more yellow?

It has a great pattern good spill to throw ratio for me....just cannot figure out what is up with the color? Any ideas appreciated.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the "yellow" is considered warm tint or at least that is my understanding from hanging around here.Cool tints appear the "whitest" to me but sometimes there are hints of "blue".From the reports here it seems like INOVA has intentionally gone with warm LEDs in the 2008 T-series.Cool tints sometimes cause details to "wash out" outdoors in my experience.Some still prefer incandescents for outdoor use for this reason and for color rendition.
Maybe INOVA was trying to address these issues.I like the warm tints but I believe cool tints provide the most output.
There is nothing wrong with your light it just has a very warm tint.If you compare your T2 to an incandescent light it will appear to be "white" but when compared to most other LED lights it will appear to be "yellow".

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Yeah, what he ^ said. Warm tints tend to cut through fog and rain better as well. But it only appears yellow when compared to other LEDs...hold it up against a maglite and it realy will look white to you. The tint variations are very subtle, but the majority of the new Inova lineup contains a warmer tint, though there have been variations with some others having what almost appears to be a pink-ish tint. Be glad you got the warm one and not the pink-ish white one!

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My T2-MP has a very warm tint. But it's still less yellow than a P60 incandescent beam if I compare them side by side.