Photon II Micro help

vvs_75

Newly Enlightened
What present can be better than flashlight?
So I did search and found that there are quite few places and all of them have different prices.
Few questions:
1. Could somebody link me to the place were I can buy original keychain Photon II Micro at good price?
2. Is there better (quality, brighter) keychain light on today's market?

I know you are here "professionals" in this hobby ;) so I really appreciate you help; it could save me lots of time!

Thanks!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:welcome:

I've bought a handful of Photon II lights. Living in NYC, I get mine from Brick & Mortar stores. Price is always the same $20 each.

But you can get them from Lighthound:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3411

There are quite a few brighter keychain lights out there. Do you want a coin-cell light about the size of a Photon II, or are other form factors a consideration?

The best keychain light I own is a Fenix L0D. Barely bigger than a AAA battery, max output is amazing out of this little light.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sport Chalet has a decent price for the Photon II. I think it was $13 or $14 in stores. Keep in mind that you really don't want the original Photon II. The newest version is four times brighter than the original with the same runtime. The newest one is also whiter with its 150 lumen/watt Nichia GS l.e.d. There are other great lights in the same price range. Have you seen the Fenix E01? It takes one AAA, uses the same l.e.d. as the Photon, lasts 9-11 hours regulated, comes in HAIII with plenty of color options, and is only $15. However, it's still pretty much on preorder only. Few people have theirs yet.

vvs_75

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody! with more reading around here I think I will go with Photon ReX. At $20 it's a very nice keychain llight.