HID Vector POB reflector swap...

FelmarCorp

Enlightened
I had an old halogen spotlight sitting in the garage...only able to use in vehicles. Thought it would be kinda fun to swap reflectors with the Sam's HID light. It was a bit tougher than expected.
First I couldn't find a screw driver to remove the reflector...they use a triangle-top sort of screw...found the driver at my local Ace.
Of course the new larger reflector didn't fit inside the POB. The ballast had to be mounted on the outside..it was the only way!
The new reflector is like 7.5 inches in diameter...not a HUGE increase..but its noticeable. The light output is better with the larger reflector of course...not a BIG difference, but again- its noticeable.

here are a few pics-

pob.jpg

pob2.jpg

I will find a way to mount the new reflector on the unit with a more sturdy approach...its by no means "finished".
Fun little mod though :twothumbs

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Really neat Power On Board mod!:twothumbs

I think it actually looks better with that yellow reflector, it compliments the original red and black colors, and it gives your POB a brighter beam of light! What is the beam pattern like with that big reflector?

Good job making your POB HID better:D

FelmarCorp

Enlightened
Thanks BlueBeam :thumbsup:

I agree...the yellow housing looks better...it also matches the button on the side of the POB, hehe.

The beam pattern is very similar...it does have a brighter hot spot...I'll attempt some night shots later tonight.

I think it will have a farther throw as well...

we shall see :cool:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I would really like to see those beamshots!:D
It must be a lot brighter than my Thor 15mcp, which in my opinion has a slightly brighter hotspot than my POB HID or my 17.5MCP spotlight from Advance Auto Parts. So you really have a SUPER POWERFUL light!